Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Regarding Navigation Flow of Topics in Robohelp 11

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

1. As, i have added previous and Next Topic buttons in my robohelp 11 chm, yet i am facing a flow issue.

2. The flow issue is:

-> While the chm file is generated, in the TOC pane of chm as shown in the image below:

issue 2.png

the arrow buttons in the highlighted image above are not working according to the toc flow.

As, suppose i first click on Start page -> New features -> Recommended System Prerequisites, and now i wish to navigate directly top Start Page then it is creating a problem as the buttons doesn't work for the same. please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey if any one can help in this then please tell me the procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the WebHelp in a CHM script? (I'm asking since you talk about CHM but the image is from WebHelp.)

If it's not according to TOC flow, your browse sequences don't follow your TOC. You may want to consider auto generating the browse sequences from the TOC. In your RoboHelp project, check Tools > Browse Sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes i am first generating a Webhelp as my Primary Layout, and then from the webhelp i am generating chm file, i also imported skin in it, and done all the necessary settings required.

Thus, also validated the Browse Sequences, but the issue is that the navigation halts with in the Book.

As, shown in the above image if i navigates from New Features Topic -> Recommended System Prerequisites -> Installation Procedure, then if i wish to go back to New Features by clicking arrow buttons(<-    and  ->), then the navigation halts in mid at the respective book name that is Getting Started only. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Can you please share a screen capture of the Browse Sequence Editor?

Also, do you have only ONE TOC structure? Or have you defined more than one?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp