• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a notice that WILL NEVER GO AWAY in Firefox

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a notice that has now made itself permanent. I am running Ubuntu Linux 14.04.1, and I have a message on Firefox that says "FlashInspector need Flash Player 9+ (debug) plugin. Install Flash Player (debug)"

However, when I click the link, it give me about FORTY options, not ONE of which says anything about FlashInspector need Flash Player 9+ (debug) plugin. Install Flash Player (debug)".

So I have NO IDEA what needs to be installed, but what is for sure is that, as always, Flash isn't working. This happens every two or so months, and I have to spend DAYS trying to fix a problem that would not exist if Flash were a better product,

Linux computers are not supposed to crash, right? Well, only two pieces of software cause every Linux box I have ever dealt with to crash, and ONE of them is FLASH!

I am NOT impressed. I have been going in circles for hours, achieving nothing, and now on top of it all, I am seemingly PERMANENTLY stuck with FlashInspector need Flash Player 9+ (debug) plugin. Install Flash Player (debug)"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I find that that notice, "FlashInspector need Flash Player 9+ (debug) plugin. Install Flash Player (debug)"" IS PERMANENTLY ON MY DESKTOP!!!!! I can't get rid of it by clicking on it, I am just hoping it has its own process, so I can KILL the damned thing! I have NEVER seen anything so annoying on a Linux platform EVER!!!

John Weintraub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a way to get rid of this idiotic "FlashInspector need Flash Player 9+ (debug) plugin. Install Flash Player (debug)"" notice. As long as I don't run Firefox, I will never be bothered with the "FlashInspector need Flash Player 9+ (debug) plugin. Install Flash Player (debug)"" notice again. But the notice appears and stays both in all Firefox tabs, and on the DESKTOP if I minimize Firefox. The only guaranteed way to get rid of the notice is to never again run Firefox. But since Flash runs even worse in Chromium than it does in Firefox, I guess I have to be permanently stuck with it, until no-one ever responds to my queries?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

It appears that FlashInspector is a Firefox add-on, FlashInspector :: Add-ons for Firefox.  You may have accidentally installed this.  To remove it, go to your Firefox add-ons, select the Add-on and uninstall it.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines