• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ability to add ActionScript 2.0 support in Flash CC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there someway we can copy over files from Flash CS6 into Flash CC to enable ActionScript 2.0 support again or has it been removed from the programs code?

TOPICS
ActionScript , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Its actually pretty easy it took me a while to figure out but if you have CC you can download and install cs6 for free.

To download and install previous versions of apps, such as CS6, do the following:

1. Open Creative Cloud for desktop and go to the Apps panel.
  2. Filter the apps by Previous Versions.
  3. Choose a version from the Install menu.
  4. ss.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally removed as2 support in CC. It will open a fla with as2 but remove the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it might not be possible and, if it is, it would require adding a playerglobal.swc that supports as2 to your library path and adding an as2 compatibile template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried adding playerglobal.swc and a profile that supports AS2 but somehow it only shows ActionScript 3.0 as an option in the dropdownbox, why is the dropdownbox even there if only AS3 is supported?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry Kenney.  Adobe announced a lot of months ago they would drop support for AS2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not my question though, is there a way for us to get it back? By editing files, even somehow hacking into the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try yourself by creating a new Flash Player configuration file that uses an asversion target of "2"

On Mac OS X you'll find the player configuration file at Adobe Flash CC/Adobe Flash CC.app/Contents/Common/Configuration/Players

Copy one of the FlashPlayer xml profiles there and change it to target asversion="2". You will also need to point to the proper playerglobal.swc as well for the version of Flash Player you are using.

A set of complete instructions on how to add in other versions of Flash Player targetting in Flash Professional can be found at

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3724540

Good luck, and let us know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still download Flash Pro CS6 from https://creative.adobe.com/products/flash and get your AS2 support back.  Go to the dropdown under "In This Version" and select Adobe Flash CS6 to download instead of the CC version. We have multiple FLA files made with AS2 and don't have the time to recode them all.  I went back to CS6 to do periodic minor updates on those old files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed an AS2 solution and only having a Cloud Subscription and no previous version of the Creative Suite this saved my bacon today. You're a champ! This information needs to be pinned on the forums for easy access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a pretty huge problem for me. I work with some big brands that have a looooot of legacy flash files. Going back to CS6 for sure. Can't imagine it's really necessary to remove support for this considering there's still so much of it floating around, and it's only one version back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like they removed the link or am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, you need to be logged in for the dropdown to show up on the link which Kang0372 gave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did they remove this!? A lot of people (like myself) still use AS2 for simple quick coding stuff.

They should put it back in, since they can now with the cloud and updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agree, adobe made a lot of mistakes these years against developers

so if they want to keep generations of actionscript developers they must

continue to support as2 because it concerns hundred of thousands companies and developers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kang0372! While I am moving away from flash for sites because the lack of support. I still need to update the few I have and I personally never jumped on the AS3 wheel as it seemed to take 3x the time to make a simple button or animation.

I am now reverting to verion 6 so I can open my files. THANK YOU again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2014 Jun 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AM NOT A DEVELOPER BUT STILL I CAN USE BASIC CODE FROM AS 2 NOW ITS GONE!!!

ADOOOBEEEE PLEASE HELPPPP US!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its actually pretty easy it took me a while to figure out but if you have CC you can download and install cs6 for free.

To download and install previous versions of apps, such as CS6, do the following:

1. Open Creative Cloud for desktop and go to the Apps panel.
  2. Filter the apps by Previous Versions.
  3. Choose a version from the Install menu.
  4. ss.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2014 Nov 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to reading this thread, I was able to solve my AS2 problem. I discovered I happened to have an old Adobe CS3 Premium license in my account, so I am downloading that now. I am sure newer versions will work too, this is just the version I happened to have and it works fine for me:  Download CS3 products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this link. I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS A LOT¡¡¡¡¡

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install Flash CS6 through Creative Cloud.

Open Creative Cloud. Scroll to not installed apps. Above them there is bar. Click blue text on the right and choose "Previous version". Then click "Install button" relating to Flash and choose CS6.

Watch how to do it. Click link below.

Creative Cloud Help | Install, update, or uninstall apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I m sorry but in my Creative Cloud there is no "Previous version". Do I need to uninstall Flash CC2014 before I can get the option to install "previous versions"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't. Just click blue link on not installed apps header and choose "Previous version". Then scroll to Flash, click "Install" and choose CS6. I have both CC 2014 and CS6 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can I get trial version of CS6? For "Previous Version" in the Creative Cloud, I can only find "Edge Animate CC" and "Gaming SDK"? 

Please help me for my school assignment, I need ActioncScript2.0 support in the flash.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines