• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have two browsers, Chrome and Chromium, flash is installed on one but not the other

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have spent a ton of time on this and am stuck.

I have two browsers, Chrome and Chromium, they both have separate profiles(Chrome has work profile Chromium has personal profile).  The Chrome installation is fine,  I have the plugins in the Chrome://plugins and everything is great.

The Chromium browser is not so great.  I have tried the install maybe 30 different times.  The scenarios are:

Any help would be really great.

Thanks so much.

Sean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chrome comes with a built-in version of Flash Player.  Everything else built on Chromium does not.  Fortunately, there's a standalone PPAPI installer for Chromium-based browsers.  It's only available for Windows at the moment.

Now, the browser itself may need to do some work to be able to discover and support Flash Player (particularly if they're not actively staying on the latest available PPAPI interface), so not every Chromium fork is going to work, and it's nowhere near as mature as the player in Chrome, but it's a thing that exists.  We've been doing a lot of work with the Opera team on the PPAPI Flash Player, and Opera Next is an active Chromium-based project.

If you run into problems, please file bugs over at http://bugbase.adobe.com/

Anyway, to get the download, use the link below. 

Select Windows and FP 16 for Opera and Chromium:

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines