Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player won't install

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just got a new Mac and I need Flash Player but it won't install. It gets as far as 97% (sometimes) and it says it can't install because Safari is open and needs to close. Safari is closed but it still won't install. Can anyone please help me ASAP?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

On Mac's closing a browser (or any application) window, doesn't actually close the application, it simply closes that window, so if you're just closing the window, the application is still running.  You need to ensure Safari is closed/terminated before installation will proceed.  Please see How do I quit Safari (or another browser/app) in OS X.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe Macs support Flash anymore, and you may have to look on their website as to how to deal with its absence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

Not sure where you got your "I don't believe Macs support Flash anymore" info from, but it isn't true.  Flash Player is not, and has never been, supported on i-Devices, but has been, and continues to be, supported on OS X.  If you have a valid source stating your claim, I'd love to see it.

Have a great day.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines