• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp HTML 10-contents on left pane no longer displays TOC

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2015 Jan 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Robohelp for over 10 years....all of a sudden after I generate the project, the TOC topics in the 'contents' pane no longer appear.  Nothing has changed since I last generated a project on this computer.  Using Robohelp HTML 10 (just applied the latest update today) Windows 7.  Please help. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I think you are mistaken when you say "Nothing has changed". Obviously SOMETHING has changed, no? The question is exactly what. And my guess is that it's the browser that changed via an update. Actually, browser changes have a lot to do with RoboHelp updates. That's why it's a good idea to stay on top of the latest versions of RoboHelp, because they nearly always have new code that allows the RoboHelp output to continue working with new browser versions.

See if the thread linked below helps

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rick. I agree about keeping current but...the thread you sent me is for RH 11...I have RH 10...so it looks like RH 11 has the same issue, therefore I'm a bit confused about your comment about keeping RH updated...looks like it's also happening on RH11.

Do you by any chance have the "whutils.js" file for the "fix" that the thread is referring to? When I "open it" it just displays the content...I don't see a file I can download to try to fix.

Thanks.

Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

If you read through the thread you will see that a mention is made by another poster about RoboHelp 10. It appears Willam offered a link to the fixed file.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I saw it but wasn't sure how to download the file once I got to Google drive...but finally figured it out, copied it to OUTPUT folder but unfortunately it didn't work.

Not sure what to do next...never had any issues with RH...

Do you know if Adobe is aware of this issue and attempting to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser are you using? To my knowledge, this was a firefox issue, So if you are using Google Chrome, Safari or IE, I'm not really surprised that the fix didn't work for you as it was firefox specific. So we may be seeing something new.

You should take a moment and report the issue to Adobe using the link below:

Click here to open the bug report form

I'm reasonably sure that they are aware of it, but the more reports they see the higher the priority will be for a fix.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks. I will. Fyi...once it compiled, I copied the internal link into both IE and Chrome and same thing happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several fixes for RoboHelp 10 that are not delivered in a patch and that you have to download install yourself. And they happen to be both for IE and Chrome. See RoboHelp Patches and Updates | WvanWeelden.eu for an overview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this same issue with RoboHelp 10. My IT person found a temporary fix (the one mentioned below using the Javascript file). However, in order to  make the TOC display after generating your help files, you must replace the old JS file with the new one. Then, open the htm file and the TOC should appear. The caveat, however, is that you MUST repeat this procedure each and every time you generate your help project.

There is a patch for Robohelp 11 now available that will permanently solve this, but I fear that Adobe won't be offering anything for Robohelp 10.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you...I've made it work by posting files on the server but the TOC still doesn't appear after I compile and 'view' it on my local....does it do that for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi: Yes, my files compile. Make sure you follow these steps:

1. Generate your help project.

2. Click the button to view it (the TOC won’t appear).

3. Replace the old JS file with the temporary fix JS file.

4. Refresh your browser. The TOC should now appear.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I was copying it to the wrong folder...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp