Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player starts installing but stop in 25%

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

the problem started when I install the last version of spotify, it didn't work on my Mac, so I look on the internet and I found the problem was because I didn't have the last version of Flash Player. I started the installation but it stopped in 25%, I'd tried so many times that I decided to uninstall the program and reinstall it. But still the same....

Any solution please...???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jan 24, 2015 Jan 24, 2015

Hi Mrs.Perez,

I had exactly the same problem. I had forgotten that I installed recently an Anti-Virus Security app on my macbook. After deactivating the file system- and web-protection of that app the installation process completed perfectly. Then I activated the protection modules again. Could be a reason. .

All the best from Germany!

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I captured the traffic, and it looks like the problem is with the request the installer makes. It is going to the URLs http://23.218.158.246/dlm/fp.gif?type=install&pane=&os=mac&exitcode=-1&app_ver=16.0.0.287&failed_act... and http://23.218.158.246/dlm/ltr.gif?type=install&pane=&os=mac&exitcode=-1&app_ver=5.5&accepted=N&faile.... When I try to retrieve those URLs manually, I get the following message back:

Invalid URL

The requested URL "/dlm/fp.gif?type=install&pane=&os=mac&exitcode=-1&app_ver=16.0.0.287&failed_action_name=&site=live&aih_name=flashPlayer&aih_vers=2.0.2.13&itemid=FP_16_Mac_for_Safari_and_Firefox_-_NPAPI&abbr=fp&dlc=flashplayer&pre_installed", is invalid.

Reference #9.70c95640.1422020650.185709b4

Why is there no simple offline installer that people can download and use, instead of this complex and fragile system? I get that the update checker needs an online source, but an offline source is a required alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Offline installers for Macs are posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page, in the 'Still having problems section'.  Download the installer that corresponds with the browser(s) you use.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad, should have read all the way down to the bottom… What can I say, I'm a guy, I don't read instructions!

So I tried that, but now it tells me that my version is plain 16.0.0, while the current version is 16.0.0.287. Is it just truncating the version? How can I check?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mrs.Perez,

I had exactly the same problem. I had forgotten that I installed recently an Anti-Virus Security app on my macbook. After deactivating the file system- and web-protection of that app the installation process completed perfectly. Then I activated the protection modules again. Could be a reason. .

All the best from Germany!

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much it work!!!!!!

Lucía

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear this!

Have a nice weekend

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines