• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am unable to log in and do not get an error message

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to log in to install flash player to my MacBookPro.    I have been on chat and the advisor recommend I go through this forum.

My login ID [email removed - just don't want you to get a mountain of spam]

While I am able to login to the adobe site, I am unable to log in after downloading the installation file  when I get to the directions box that says"Install Adobe Flash Player is an application downloaded from the Internet.  Are you sure you want to open it? I click OPEN and then get a box which says "INSTALL ADOBE FLASH PLAYER wants to make changes.  Type your password to allow this"  It is at this point that the box jiggles after I enter my username which is my email address and my password and I am unable to proceed with the instalation.

I am trying to set up my new MACBOOK PRO, but this happens on both my old macbook pro and the new one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

This prompt is not from adobe.

This is the system prompt asking macbook pro password.

Please enter your macbook pro user password same as you have used while logging into your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This prompt is not from adobe.

This is the system prompt asking macbook pro password.

Please enter your macbook pro user password same as you have used while logging into your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem as Linda but on my iMac.  Have tried using my Apple id but I can't get passed the jiggling box!  I am really frustrated and ready to boot this computer through the wall (and its not even 3 months old)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This password prompt is presented by your operating system, and is intended to keep you from accidentally installing software.

If this is your personal machine and you don't need a password to log into the computer when it first starts up, you can probably leave the password blank and click OK to get past this prompt.  If this is your personal machine and your normal password isn't working, check to make sure that CAPS LOCK is off, and type the password carefully.

If this is your work machine and it's asking for an Administrator password, well, you'll need to have a conversation with your friendly IT person.

If you're still stumped, you may need to reset the password on your Mac:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH18653

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14325

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201240

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2015 Jan 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are all the wrong solutions. obviously, if either password has the same result it is a different problem than the actual password problem.  can someone please figure out what the real solution is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines