• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe digital editions won't let me authorize my computer it keeps saying server problem

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to authorize my computer for the 3.0 version of adobe digital editions and get a server problem, what can I do this has been a nightmare.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am have the same problem trying to authorize the 4.0 edition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem.  My original authorization done with version 2, updated to version 4. The email I used to authorize years ago is no longer valid (does not exist) and I do not remember the password, so I cannot erase the authorization and set a new authorization.  Is there a way to blow away the old authorization?  I cannot read new ebooks on ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I get is a message that says "Digital Edition could not connect to activation server".  Same issue as you.  Not sure what the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2015 Jan 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issues.  Can not authorize adobe account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 24, 2015 Jan 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To everyone having this issue in this thread...  I found that this previous forum answer worked for me!  Hope it works for you too.

I found an answer (forgot exactly where) that said that one way that works is to:

1)  Delete the installed edition of Adobe digital editions 4.x from your computer that won't authorize Digital Solutions.

2) Use Internet Explorer (not Firefox or Chrome) to download Adobe digital editions 3.x found on the Adobe web site:  Download | Adobe Digital Editions and click on link to Download Digital Edition 3.0 here

3) Install Adobe Digital Solutions 3.0

4) Authorize computer (it worked for me at this point!)

5) Open the book you are trying to use

6) Download Digital Solutions 4.0 and install.  This will update you to latest version AND keep your computers authorization.

Let me know if this works for anyone else besides me!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well done ,I was tearing my hair out trying to get this issue sorted.Originally sceptical but Internet explorer does solve the problem authorised my computer straight away, Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines