Can't read books on KOBE, ADE crashes when I try to open book

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2015 Jan 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE 4.02

iMac 10.10.1

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

I reloaded ADE & deleted the book and borrowed it again.

Same result.

=====

Before this books seemed to download ok, but when I bought some books from KOBO some of the library books disappeared and others would only display table of contents, and would exit when I hit next page.  Not sure what version of ADE I was using then.  KOBO suggested I install 4.0, but sent me a link to 3.0 and I tried both.  I called asking if I could return the KOBO and they walked me thru deleted both KOBO and ADE and reinstalling over several hours and borrowing more books, and it crashed.  I tried several more times re0initialing my reader but not the 2 apps, and restarting it several times (was actually trying to get it to reset) and it finally started working until I tried to borrow this book.

====

KOBO now says it is an ADE problem and won't help me with it or let me return it. (Wish I had got a Kindle)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2015 Jan 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried 3.0 and the latest book now opens and ADE says it is on KOBO after I drag it there, but when I disconnect and open KOBO itself it is not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines