• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are Adobe Flash Player updates cumulative?

Jan 24, 2015 Jan 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be a difficult task to find the straight answer to the following question: Are Adobe Flash Player updates cumulative?

If I apply the newest existing Flash Player update (APSB15-02) to the bare-bone machine will this cover all previously disclosed vulnerabilities?

Is this the same for SCUP distributed updates? Can someone guide me to any documentation available? If I publish latest patch through SCUP will my systems be protected as if I would download it manually?

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Yes, it includes SCUP distribution as well.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player does not actually offer "updates"; it is always the full installer - meaning it's the latest Flash Player with all security fixes in it.

I cannot help you with the SCUP documentation; someone from Adobe needs to answer that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. maybe the Flash Player Admin Guide at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html can provide you with some information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this Admin guide before, but it does not really answer my question. Moreover it seems to be a bit ou-of-date: it refers to SCUP 4.5 and SMS 2003 R2. I was looking for sth more contemporary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello CrazyGonzo,

Yes, ALL Flash Player install files are cumulative.  Every release contains all previous features, bug fixes, and security fixes.  There is no need to install a specific version and then apply a patch to cover some security release.  Hope this answers your question.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does ALL include SCUP distributed updates?

I was expecting standalone installer packages contain cumulative updates but I just wanted to be 100% sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it includes SCUP distribution as well.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maria,

Thank you, for your postings. Would it be possible for Adobe to place a official statement on the Security Bulletins and Advisories page?

The reason why I ask is because I have management and auditors that wants "proof" that Adobe patches are cumulative.

Please and thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines