Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why aren't my selected TOC and Index showing in Output

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH10 for Webhelp output

I only have 1 TOC which has entries, and 1 Index which was auto-generated with content.  They are both named and both marked as "Default" - but no matter which way I select them in the Webhelp settings for Content<default>, they aren't coming up in the generated output.

What setting am I missing please?  This is a simple task, so not quite sure how I'm getting it SO wrong.. in fact, it's so simple, I can't find another question regarding this issue.

see my image below for details:

TOC_indexNotshowing.png

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser are you using? My guess would be Firefox 35. Please see the announcement on the forum. This is a hot topic and the announcement may provide you with the answer.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your screenshot, it looks like a browser issue to me. Where’s the help located? Web server or local drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help is on my local drive...

The default browser as shown in the image is IE11.  I attempted to "View with..." on Chrome - it tries, but just flickers and nothing opens, then I tried the same with Firefox just to see what would happen and it didn't even open and try to display the help.. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooo, if you click the WebHelp link at the top of your browser and look at the announcements as Willam suggested, there are links explaining what's up and how to fix it.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.. i thought that was only with firefox.. i will look now.

ok.. so i changed the whutils file as noted for RH10...

the good news is that I can now see the TOC and INDEX in Firefox... but i still cannot see it in IE and i can't even get the help to open in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There’s more fixes out there – the FF35 one was just the latest – see Willam’s site for a summary of all the hotfixes out there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i THINK I GOT IT FINALLY!  I had updated all the patches I had seen awhile ago.. this must have been one i missed.. THANKS SO MUCH for your patience!

I've never had to work with all the workaround and patches before.

THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I think this month is the first I can recall where we have somewhat of a "perfect storm" with browser updates breaking things. Adobe isn't the quickest when it comes to pushing out a service release to address things.

Thank the RoboGods for people like Willam that are able to identify exactly what needs to be changed, make those changes and share with the rest of us!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp