• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions does not turn pages

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Adobe digital editions 3.  No matter what I do it does not turn pages!!! I have checked all FAQ but there is no answer to this errror. the turn page symbol arrow is not even highlighted. Can somebody help please?

Leo

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2014 Apr 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  (Windows 7 and Adobe Digital Edition 3.0) and it won't turn pages, not unless, I select turn page and then toggle between "Maximum" and "Restore Down."  It works, but it's not convenient by a long stretch.

And it's hard to get Adobe to support software when it's being given away free, or at least I haven't been able to get anyone at Adobe to pay attention to this problem.

Cheers,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this an old post but I just downloaded the software (a month ago) and it still has the same problem. And customer support is non-existent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, did anyone come up with a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was really hoping to find an answer here.  same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Adobe Digital Editions so that I could read eBooks from the local library on my tablet.   Found the same problem in that you can't get the pages to turn.   The other option from the library was to install an app called Blio which turns out works like a charm.

I see that it has been almost a year since the original post which has had 491 views so evidently Adobe doesn't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Windows 7 and ADE 4.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2015 Mar 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used ADE 4.0 on my previous Windows 7 laptop and it worked fine. Just installed ADE 4.0 on my new Windows 7 laptop and now have this same problem. it actually is a screen refresh or update issue. if I go to a different page the reading screen does not change. If I close the book and then reopen the screen is now on the correct page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated to ADE 4.5 on Mac OSX El Capitan (and removed and reinstalled twice).

a. I can't turn a page (well sometimes after mousing a round a bit it suddenly turn half a dozen)

b. it has greyed out the three authoriz* menu options under help (so can't share across devices)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2016 Oct 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Win 7 and Adobe Digital Editions 4.5. Per the pull down under "Reading" in the menu bar (upper left corner) it shows that the short cuts to use are "page up" and "page down", this seems to work for me (OR the up and down arrows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that it has been years since this post but, I had this problem then came here. What I found continent is to click the (mcat prep) letters right next to the page number and then I can now flip the page back and forth with the up and down or left and right arrows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a simple tool to page back and forward (pgup & pgdown) on Windows machines when using Adobe Digital Editions. This tool (ADE Navigator) stays on top while you're reading.

https://www.framelessapps.com/projects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has ab=nyone tried this link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funciona muy bien.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the mouse to scroll up and/or down - magic mouse you just move your finger vertically. wheel the same. BTW - after all these years of people asking, this is on the adobe web site:

How do I scroll or navigate through a book?

Depending on the type of book, you can use the mouse to scroll up or down a page. You can also use the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the screen to scroll through your books.

To navigate to a specific page, enter the page number in the horizontal scroll bar, and the view jumps to that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the entire point of this post... sterhill: what you have suggested doesn't work, the mouse doesn't scroll, the arrows don't do anything, none of those suggestions (which would be the first thing tried) have turned a single page in any book in this program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me - on an imac running 10.14.6 - the mouse will vertically scroll and there is also an arrow at the bottom of the book's page where you can click to scoll horizonly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I downloaded ADE on my tablet after purchasing a graphic novel online. Unfortunately, I'm having a difficult time using the tool because there is no navigation bar that I could use to turn the page, it only turns one way which is from last to first (I'm reading manga btw), so I'm not sure how I can properly read my manga using my tablet. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. No way to navigate the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone, here is the solution. Download "Bluefire Reader" and use that app. Adobe Digital Edition is no good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Cory. Seems to work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scrolling works, but is very awkward.  All we want is a simple button to advance one page at a time.  I'm amazed that this basic page turning feature is not present.  Black eye for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's kinda late to reply now and I'm not sure how many of you will see this but try using Pg up and Pg dn keys. Mine are located on the arrow keys so I have to combine them with the Fn key

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to create an account to thank you. It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines