• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One slide, several videos to choose from

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to put more still videos in the same slide  (in a kind of video-menu)

and give  the user the possibility to pick/up (to select from them) which one to play.
Once selected, the video should play in the part of the slide not occupied by the video-menu.
Obviously in a fancy and engaging way .

Is there anybody out there so kind to help me in creating such a slide?

Appreciation.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you made smart objects in the video menu slide that were links to other slide that contained the parts of the video you wanted to present. On each video slide set 'play media' to trigger Off on enter And on exit go back to The video menu slide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nathan, what do you mean by 'smart objects'? I know them very well in Photoshop etc but I never heard about smart objects in Captivate. Since I'm always eager to learn something new, please could you explain?

@dutes Could you tell which version you are using? If it is CP8, do you want this in a normal or a responsive project? Because some devices will cause problems with several videos on one slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my mistake, I mean smartshapes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lyly. I am using CP7 (Not going mobile yet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advise. Unfortunately your idea means that different slides will appear. I am meaning, instead, that the selected video should be opened and played within the same slide (just as an example I can mention a kind of "Youtube effect": menu one the right and selected video playing on the left).
tx a lot anyway Nathan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could use the preset slide type "Caption and content - Horizontal" that does something similar to what I want.

But  the problem with that is that the player "does not go full-slide" at run-time when the user select it from the menu:

- at run time the video is not played in the large empty part of the slide (this is what I am trying to achieve)  but only in the area (I can) preset working in the CP7 project

šŸ˜ž

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

So your goal is to allow the user to see a static thumbnail image, click it and the video plays, but full screen?

If so, the "jump to slide" where the slide you jump to has the video playing full screen sounds like the best approach. Just configure the end of the slide action to be to jump back to the slide with the menu.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tx Captiv8r. That solution should work. But:

I was wondering if such a common idea (taking a video to play "full-slide") is implemented by Adobe developers. It is clear that:

a) my final creation should be very elemental and simple in terms of graphic, usability, design and other elements of this kind which are, instead, fundamental for web-based learning effectiveness;

b) I am sure that Adobe developers, graphics and designers should be able to create such an interaction a very good solution/interaction under those point of view;

c) After all something similar already exists in CP7: the widget that allows a user to set a destination area on a slide where to "magnify" a portion of the rest of the slide has already been developed ... I do not remember the name of that widget at the moment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources