• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot enable Shockwave Flash Object in IE11

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get Flash Player to work on IE11 for someone (no, using a different browser isn't an option, it's one of THOSE types of users). I can install the object fine, but the plugin never activates.

Here is the image of the plugin installed on IE11. The status is currently "disabled", but the option to enable is grayed out. Any ideas about this?

Untitled.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange - never seen this before...

What I would try is to uninstall Flash Player completely using the uninstaller from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html then reinstall the latest player from

P.S. even if you don't use Firefox, I recommend that you install the NPAPI plugin anyway.  It is used by various programs, e.g. Adobe Reader to display PDF docs with Rich Media Content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have run the uninstaller and re-installed several times. I also have both versions of the plugin installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this someone's work computer that's a member of a Windows domain? If so, it's probably restricted by Group Policy and they'll need to have a conversation with their friendly IT person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines