• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to update 16.0.0.257--is there a trick?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2015 Jan 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to update Flashplayer 16.0.0257 to the current  .296.  I can get the 1.0 MB installer to load but not the 17.2 MB program.  If I'm lucky, it will load 34% and once I got to 49%.  If I go to the help page, I'm told that the current FP is out of date, yet the cartoon of trees and clouds tell me I'm good to go.  I really wouldn't care except that some other programs have to be prodded since they apparently see the .257 as a problem.  Using Windows 7 Pro and Firefox.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What does "I can get the 1.0 MB installer to load but not the 17.2 MB program" mean (mainly the second part)?  What happens when you try to launch the offline installer (the 17.2 MB)?  Including screenshots is very helpful.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like there are two downloads, a 1.0 MB installer

(installflashplayer16x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe) and the main (?) program of 17.3

MB. There seems to be no issue w/ the installer, but the main program will

only install 34%, 38%, once all the way to 49%. Then there's a message

that something is attempting to re-connect---but it never does.

Now that I'm working w/ someone who knows what they're doing, the

process goes like clockwork when I try to get a screen shot. Cancel the

emergency, secure from battle stations.

Thanks anyway. I suspect I'll be back next time there's an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2015 Jan 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

The online installer (about 1.2 MB in size) downloads and installs Flash Player silently.  The offline installer (17.3 MB) is the full installer.  I'm a bit confused by your comment "...but the main program will

only install 34%, 38%, once all the way to 49%.  Then there's a message that something is attempting to re-connect---but it never does." The offline does not attempt to make any connection to download anything as it already contains everything it needs.  Can you confirm if the 'attempt to re-connect' error coming from the online installer?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines