• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player for Mac 10.5.8

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2015 Jan 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2006 iMac with OS 10.5.8.  My default search engine is Safari 5.0.6.  The hard drive crashed a couple of weeks ago, and I now have a new hard drive . . . one without the aps I used before.

The ap I'm having big problems replacing is Adobe Flash Player, without which I can't see the videos my friends put on Facebook. 

I've been told that the latest version that will run on this OS is 10.3.  I have gone into Adobe archives, downloaded this version of the Player onto my desktop, and each time I try to install it, I get the message "The application Install Adobe Flash Player quit unexpectedly."  No matter where I get this Flash Player from, I get the same message, over and over.

Any thoughts about how to replace my Flash Player, so that I can see the videos and play Bubbles IQ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joby,

Is you iMac a PowerPC or Intel system?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel, María.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Joby,

Version 10.3.183.90 should work on your system.  I tried it earlier and it installed without crashing.  Have you tried doing a disk check on the file or your system to ensure that it's ok prior to installing?

As you know, 10.3.183.90 is very old and vulnerable to security breaches as it has not been updated since it's initial release in July 2013.  Since you have an Intel system, it may be possible to update to 10.6 (Apple sells the install disk for $19.99) and install the latest supported version.  You can Google 'upgrading 2006 iMac to Snow Leopard', or similar, and it'll return a bunch of stuff (I could post some here, but don't want to send you down the wrong road).  If possible, I would go this route, instead of installing an old, vulnerable, version of Flash Player.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines