• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupt files

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2007 Oct 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a severe problem with Robo and hope you can help.

Sometimes the text disappears on the topic page that I'm working on, but if I shut down or restart Robo, the page has the text comes back. The last two days, when I closed, shut down ,and restarted Robo, it opened with no topics attached to the table of contents, and most topics were no longer listed on the Topics pane. However, if I generate the project, all text is visible.
The only thing that helped was to delete the .cpd file, but now that's not fixing the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dwbern and welcome to the RH community. This has been discussed in this thread. To be honest it is one of those slightly annoying things that happen to some. I didn't get a single instance of this happening for over 8 years until I changed jobs and all of a sudden it started happening occasionally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colom's comment is interesting as I too went for years without a problem and then kept hitting it on one project. I have been working on that project this week without any problem. Go figure.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some additional info may be helpful. What version of RoboHelp are you using, what operating system, etc.? Are you switching between WYSIWYG and TrueCode views when the text disappears? Is the code still there in TrueCode view?

I was about to link to the same thread that Colum did. I don't think anyone reported having topics disappearing from the TOC or the Project Manager though, just the blank topic problem.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Are you waiting long enough for RH to load the project?

If you look at the Performance tab on the Task Manager, do you see activity, or is everything flat?

Is RH displaying a message in the status bar, such as "Loading topics" or "Updating hyperlinks"?

What other applications are running when this is happening? For example, our network people pushed anti-virus file updates until it became an automatic push when we first log in for the day. Still, the network kicks off a virus scan on a schedule during the working day.

A housekeeping file, projectname.hhp, may be corrupted, but you'd think it always would interfere, not just sporadically.

I know Colum and Peter don't need to be reminded -- but since dwbern is new to the forum --

Have you moved any files into the project folder, or from one subfolder to another, in Windows Explorer? With the project running in RH, or with the project closed? Running or not, this confuses RH next time it goes to look for those files. Same for changing file names. Except in very limited circumstances, you should consider the project folder a read-only reference.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp