• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printed Documentation two errors: Visual C++ error and failed to generate printed documentation

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2015 Jan 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am new to Robohelp as it has been years. I managed to retrieve the files and open the project on my computer. I tried to troubleshoot and I HAVE enabled macros in word already. I believe the errors are related. I have not successfully be able to generate on this computer with this project. I just installed Robohelp 11 last week and still am on the trial for now (will be buying).

Please help.

Robohelp HTML 11

Windows PC - Windows 8

However, when I try to generate the printed documentation (Generate > PDF output) it starts but them provides this error)

robohelp_failedtogenerate.png

Then when I try to  click on the Printed Documentation it gives me this error

Robohelp_runtime.png

Thank you

Jennifer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What if you try removing the period between the 2? Instead of 2.2 documentation, have it read 22 documentation. Does that change anything?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks I tried that and it (and even restarted) and it is still throwing me both errors. Could it be permissions/set up? Too long of a file name? It's been years since I have used robohelp but I never encountered an error with output before.

Jenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I forgot to add:

Windows 8.1

64 bit

Windows professional plus 2010

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did see this post from the forum but not sure it's applicable to me. 10. Re: RoboHelp 10: Problems generating Printed Documentation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So far I think it's fixed.

1) installed an updated version of adobe reader

2) created a NEW output to .doc

And it seems to be fine.

Thanks Rick for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp