• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to create Apple Help using RoboHelp

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2007 Oct 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will soon need to produce Apple Help for a Mac app that a client is porting from Windows. I developed the Windows app's .CHM help several years ago and last updated it in 2006. I'm still using RoboHelp X5.0.2.

I am interested in learning if it is possible to use RoboHelp for HTML to create Apple Help. I think that using the WebHelp layout will give me at least much of what I need to produce, but I am concerned that RoboHelp's generated HTML code won't pass muster. (At least, that's what I read on the Apple Help forum at Apple.)

Is there anyone out there using RoboHelp to create Apple Help? What pitfalls are ahead of me, or should I not even try with RoboHelp? FWIW, I've use RoboHelp extensively for many years to create WebHelp, FlashHelp, and Microsoft HTML Help, so I consider myself fairly expert... I just need a nudge in the right (or a different) direction.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 11, 2007 Oct 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You might only need to run some HTML validator (try Googling the term to find some products) against your source code before you generate output.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp