• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Installer will not download

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2015 Jan 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempting to download current Flash Player for my Mac, and I continue to get one of two different "Site Unavailable" pop-ups.  Is there really an issue with the Adobe server, or does this indicate some other issue?  The player update is required to upload images to my child's yearbook, and deadline is fast-approaching, so I need to resolve this rather quickly. 

I've confirmed that my OS is compatible with the new version of Flash.  I have a fast broadband connection.    Only other option I can come up with is to find someone nearby who has the current version of Flash Player and can lend me their computer...which may not be an easy task.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot for the life of me why sometimes Adobe updates their flash player two or more times in one week, very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chrisf59366775,

This will provide more information on our recent out-of-band releases: Security Bulletins and Advisories.

That page is updated with each release, and you can register to receive updates if you'd like.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What URL are you going to to download Flash Player?  You shouldn't be getting the Site Unavailable error and I'd like to follow-up on that.

In the mean time, you can download offline installer from the http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html page.  It's at the bottom in the 'Still having problems' section.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2015 Feb 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria; I am using the "download Flash Player" button that appears on the uploader page for the publishing company.  To add to my frustration, I tried to come back to this forum to tell you that the link you provided worked, but I got a "Forums down for maintenance" pop-up!    The pop-up said to tweet issues to Adobe, but twitter wouldn't let me tweet you unless you are following me.  Unbelievable.   You REALLY need an email address or phone number.  I know forums are easier and cheaper for you, but they are horrible for the customer.

And though my flash player is now compatible with the yearbook site, when I tried to find the new version on my hard drive, it is no where to be found.  The Adobe dmg was labelled FlashPlayer16.0, but the only player that  can fond on my laptop is Player10.  Weird.  I checked the applications folder, as well as a finder search.  Nothing.  No idea where it is.

It took a few days, but I guess what matters is that  everything is finally working.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2015 Feb 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SiteUnavailable.pngForumsDown.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Will,

Yes, I believe the forums were down for a bit for maintenance.  I'm more concerned about your comment "I am using the "download Flash Player" button that appears on the uploader page for the publishing company."  What publishing company?  There is only one valid location to download Flash Player from, which is adobe.com.  Please provide me with this publishing company's URL that contains a link to download Flash Player.

Thank you in advance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines