• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printed Documentation cut short

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2007 Oct 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using HTML X5.0.2 to output to Word 2002. For this particular project, when I generate the printed output, my Word document includes all the topics up to a certain point, then skips to the index.

I have tried rearranging the TOC to see if the cut point followed a certain topic, but it cut it short at a different topic. The Word doc ended up being 609 pages, even after I rearranged the TOC and ran it again. The Word doc did correctly reflect the changed TOC, at least for the topics it did print. The Printed Documentation always says it completed succesfully, and I don't see any errors (unless I don't know where to look for them, I assume they would pop up).

I have checked out Peter Grainge's Print Issues (www.grainge.org), but at first glance haven't found anything that affects my problem. I originally imported this project to X5 from a very old version of Robohelp for Word, but I don't see any Word issues in the code.

I am generating a single document, embedding images, no conditional build expression (I'm not using any conditional tags in this project) , usign the Project's CSS styles (I am not having problems with styles). I am running this on my machine, not a network.

I have another project that I use to generate 800+ pages of printed documentation to Word 2002, and it has no problems.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jacob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked in the Output pane for message?

I know you say aren't having any problems with the styles but maybe you are, if you see what I mean. Try it with the Style Mapping template.

There was a post recently from someone having problems with large documents. Create two copies of the layout and then delete different halves of the content from both. What happens when you generate them separately?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please also read the main topic on Printed Documentation. That may highlight something for you.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

No, I have not looked in the Output pane, I forgot all about it! It tells me I have some malformed topics. I'll see if I can figure it out. Thanks!

Jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2007 Oct 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
An update: I poked around in the topics that were flagged as malformed. I couldn't find anything in the code, but when I recompiled, no errors were reported and it worked just fine. I guess opening the True Code editor must have done something.

Jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp