• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player/Windows 10 Tech Preview

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2015 Jan 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone aware of any known issues with the Flash Player install and Windows 10? I use Firefox as my browser, and although the it connects to the get.adobe page with no problem none of the content of the page ever displays (I have tried other browsers with the same result, so I think it is a Windows 10 issue?)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem. Can't seem to download Flash for my Windows 10 preview. No content on flash download page in FF, Chrome nad IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the offline installer for Firefox: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe

Internet Explorer should already been bundled with Flash Player by Microsoft (if they've gotten around it yet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter and Angunguak,

The folks who handle the download page have been made aware of this issue with the download page.

To provide them with additional information, can both of you provide the User Agent string information returned when you go to What's My User Agent? with the various browsers you use?  You can omit IE,as Microsoft began embedding Flash Player in the browser beginning with Windows 8. 

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FF:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0

Stille empty downloade page in FF

IE:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko

Warming page have to enable flash in IE

Chrome:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.111 Safari/537.36

Empty downloade page on flash page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi angunguak,

Thanks for providing the User Agent string.  I'll forward this to the appropriate folks.  Yes, the page will be blank for the time being.  I don't know when it'll be fixed.  In the mean time, you can use the link Pat posted above, on 04-Feb.

Also, beginning with Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer.  There will be nothing to download for IE on Windows 8 and above on get.adobe.com/flashplayer.  Updates come from Microsoft using Winows Update.

Google also embeds Flash Player in Chrome and distributes the updates.  Like IE, there will be no nothing to download for Chrome on get.adobe.com/flashplayer.

--

Maria

[edited to add info on IE and Chrome).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here:

1. You!! Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/43.0.2357.124 Safari/537.36

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the problem and fixed.

Download the latest version of the flash player.

It doesn't show up after the download and install, but in Windows 10 new desktop screen.

Go the the Search the web and windows box ant type in (Adobe Flash Player)

It will show up.

Open, and go to the settings to allow this to run.

Go to the updates.

Change the update settings to allow automatic updates.

Worked after doing this for me.

Hope this helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Circling back on this.  The download page should display correctly for all supported browsers.

Flash Player installer will be available for download when visiting the page using Firefox or Opera browser

Google Chrome embeds Flash Player, as such, there is no installer to download and the page will indicate this.

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Edge and Internet Explorer, as such, there is nothing to install.  Visiting the page with either one of these browser will redirect to Flash Player Issues | Windows 10 | Microsoft Edge or Flash Player Issues | Windows 10 | Internet Explorer

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 17, 2015 Oct 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria help me please I have win 10, but when I go in this step https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-10-edge.html don't get no effect my adobe is already activated when I refresh in my browser pops up this message: Please follow trouble shooting steps to play Flash content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria (@m_vargas).. Idk if this the right place to post this..

I had suspected - like you'd said - that Ms Edge and IE has flash player already embedded into it in Windows 10, when I first open-up Edge to try it out and to download Firefox..

But what confused me is when I Installed Firefox v42 (and latter upgraded to v43).. I can venture into all the websites that requires flash player and stream all video from all kind of video-sharing websites, even if a little slow.. huh??

So I went to Menu ( ≡ ) >> Add-ons >> Plugin.. well there's no Flash Player or Shockwave Flash on the installed list there.. another huh??

Then I tried to download it from get.adobe.com.. at first it gave me no download link or button whatsoever.. until today, the installer downloaded fine but when I run it.. it always stuck while downloading the files.. and then stopped abruptly with an error page opened (I think it's the same error page with the same message as Marrelow above got) in the browser..

So I followed the link in it which eventually landed me to this page: Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier

I clicked the orange "Check Now" button in the 1st step there.. it said that apparently there's no Flash Player installed.. So how can Firefox play these streaming videos if flash player is not installed?... yet another big huh??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 25, 2015 Dec 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please provide links to the pages that you state are playing Flash content  (in Firefox) even though you don't have Flash for Firefox installed.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again Maria,

All the popular video sharing (YouTube, DailyMotion, Vimeo, Hulu, Dramanice, Dramafever, etc).. also some online-shop with flash-slide and some photo/picture gallery sites, or play all video that was shared in Social sites (FB, G+, Twitter, path, IG, etc).. I even tried W3school Tryit tools to play their exmple of flash embed code.. I also tried to drop a .swf files from explorer into FF.. and it all played as it should be..

In short, on my win10 notebook, I was (and still) able to access anything that required Flash with FF.. yet there are no Shockwave Flash plugin in my installed plugin list..

Best regard!

PS: Though I do now have the standalone installer from Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe, but I haven't installing it yet on my win10 notebook..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines