Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Some fields in a form don't get submitted with the XML - is there a setting to enable/disable this?

Former Community Member

I wouldn't consider myself to be an expert with Acrobat or LCD, but I'm quite familiar with PDF Forms, and have created a few...

I recently edited an old one, and now some of the fields don't get included in the XML that can be emailed...

Is there a setting somewhere that enables/disabled individual fields to be included/excluded from the XML?

Is there something else I should be looking at? I've tried changing the Name to make them all unique, but still no joy...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Have you checked the Data Binding settings on the Object-Binding tab?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Have you checked the Data Binding settings on the Object-Binding tab?

Former Community Member

Hiya,

That's definitely not something I've ever looked at, and the form has worked in the past and I've never changed it...

Looks like it's the issue though - it currently says No data binding, I'm guessing I should set it to Use Name (Field Name)... Not got a clue what the other options mean, but is that the cause? (I don't want to try changing them all just to find out it's wrong)

Thanks

Level 2

Yup! No Data Binding means that data won't go anywhere. Just be careful about collisions with Use Name if you have fields with the same name

Cheers!

Former Community Member

Thanks

Any idea what may have caused them to change to No Data Binding?

Level 2

No clue as to why/how they might change, especially without knowing your work.

My experience is that it takes a lot more time to figure out why something happened than it does to fix it.

Not the best attitude for prevention, I realize, but most of the time I just gotta move on and keep working!

Former Community Member

Nope, you're right... I work in IT so have to accept that attitude a lot sometimes...

Thanks for helping though! :-)