• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated: (Added more Visuals) Mapping Rh Table Styles to Word Styles - Expected Results Not Seen

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2015 Jan 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My System

• Win 7
  • Rh11
  • Word 2013

History

Due to Company practices, I am unable to utilize "Rick's Method" Preformatted Tables because of the file location stored on my local drive (e.g., C:\Program Files\RoboHelp Office\RoboHTML\Gallery\Tables using the format yourfilename.htmtable). That said, I am now dependant on using Rh Styles mapped to using Word Table Styles.

BEFORE POSTING HERE: I did some research (attempting to find new ways/tips on Styles to match between Rh and Word) accessing the following sites:

• Peter's awesome site
  • iconlogic Blogs
  • This site
  • asadesigner
  • Other Google searches

I still need some help...

My Problem: After print generation, the text in the tables is not top-left aligned (Ref. Word - FlexiTable Styles Image on bottom of page) in my Word template/doc. (See table output Image below).

WordTemp_Output.jpg

Table Output shown above in Word

THE TEXT SHOULD BE TIGHT AS THE EXAMPLE BELOW:

should_look_like_this.jpg

Table in RoboHelp

table_in_Rh.jpg

My Questions:

1. Is there another way/tip to achieve my expected results?
  2. What Table Styles in Word (2013) Works Best with RoboHelp (v11) Table Styles

In closing, I want my table format to reflect my Word Table Styles. Please refer to all my settings below (Images).

Thank You,

~PM

My Table Settings in Rh

RhTableStyles.jpg

My Table Settings in Word 2013

WordTableStyles.jpg

Rh Mapping to Word Template

RhStylesMapping.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Rename the TableText style as that is a built in style name in Word. Add some characters after TableText.

When you map you map the Rh style to TableTextABC.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I am getting closer to a solution (But I still could use some help), let me share what I have done so far.

I created another Normal Styles in Rh and Word, and named it "TableText". Apply the new style to the text inside Rh tables, mapped it to Word TableText (Note: both Rh and Word paragraph settings match). Next, generated the print document to my Word template (Please note the inconsistency outlined in red). The results are as follows:

inconsistant_results.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rename the TableText style as that is a built in style name in Word. Add some characters after TableText.

When you map you map the Rh style to TableTextABC.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, rename the style in Word.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for dropping in....

I renamed my Word Style (TableText) in MS Word Styles pane to "FlexiFont". Rh Table Style (TableText), I left alone. I re-mapped and re-generated; I get the same results as pointed out in my Feb 4, 2015 9:46 AM post above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Napoleon Hill

Created another Word Styles using Style Type = Paragraph, but NOT "...based on Normal Styles; I used a style I had "No Spacing". Thanks Peter!
got_it.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp