• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anyone successfully registered a web services running ColdFusion 11 with Windows 7, IBM WebSphere 8.5, IBM 1.7 JDK

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm setting up a Windows 7 development box running IBM WebSphere 8.5 (64-bit), IBM 1.7 JDK (64-bit). I have installed the ColdFusion 11 ear (11,0,03,292480) file, but when I try register a web services in the ColdFusion Adminstrator using both Web Service Version 1 or 2 I get the following error.

Error 500: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: JVMCFRE003 bad major version; class="com"/sun/tools/javac/Main, offset=6

From what I have read online (Java Errors: “UnsupportedClassVersionError…bad major version at offset=x” - The Altogether) the "java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:" and "bad major version" mean that the project was compiled with a higher level Java compiler than the runtime can support. I am running the IBM 1.7 JDK, when I do a version check (java.exe -version) in the bin directory it says it is based on Oracle 7u13-b08. I have read ColdFusion 11 supports Java 1.7 so I am not sure what the problem is.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Problem solved! I found the following documentation: Installing the JEE Configuration - Enable web services

Enable web services

To enable web services, copy the tools.jar file from Java home that WebSphere uses to the cfusion/lib directory.

I'm not completly sure why I needed to do this as everything worked fine in ColdFusion 9, WebSphere 7 IBM, IBM 1.6 JDK. There must be a biggest enough difference between the IBM 1.7 JDK/SDK and Oracle/Sun 1.7 JDK/SDK.

The manifest information in the tools.jar pac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved! I found the following documentation: Installing the JEE Configuration - Enable web services

Enable web services

To enable web services, copy the tools.jar file from Java home that WebSphere uses to the cfusion/lib directory.

I'm not completly sure why I needed to do this as everything worked fine in ColdFusion 9, WebSphere 7 IBM, IBM 1.6 JDK. There must be a biggest enough difference between the IBM 1.7 JDK/SDK and Oracle/Sun 1.7 JDK/SDK.

The manifest information in the tools.jar packaged with ColdFusion 11 says:

Manifest-Version: 1.0

Created-By: 1.7.0_07 (Oracle Corporation)

As where the manifest information from the tools.jar I copyied in was:

Manifest-Version: 1.0

Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.1

Created-By: 1.7.0 (IBM Corporation)

Class-Path: ibmorbtools.jar

I renamed the old file to tools.jar.bk-non-ibm as it is important not to have a file with a ".jar" extention that has the same class path inside of it or it will get loaded by the JVM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation