• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank Pages: With RoboHelp 10, IE11 and a Windows 8 machine.

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pressing F1 (to open a Help topic) results in a blank page opening and obscuring the required Help topic. This happens with RoboHelp 10, IE11 and a Windows 8 machine. None of the available patched solve this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you launch the help output directly (not via the application’s F1 key), does it behave the same way? If so, and you have applied all the recent patches as enumerated by Willam (wvanweelden.eu), then I would have a look at your browser security settings – are you allowing JavaScript? Does adding the help location to your Trusted Locations have any impact?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you launch the help output directly (not via the application’s F1 key), does it behave the same way? No

If so, and you have applied all the recent patches as enumerated by Willam (wvanweelden.eu)? Yes

Are you allowing JavaScript? Yes

Does adding the help location to your Trusted Locations have any impact? No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, so the “full help” works, but the CSH help doesn’t? Did it ever work or is this something new? Does making another browser your default make any difference to either the full help or CSH launched help? What method are you using to launch the CSH help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it ever work or is this something new? It worked until I changed from W7 to W8

Does making another browser your default make any difference to either the full help or CSH launched help? I can only use IE

What method are you using to launch the CSH help? My developers are launching the CSH with mapped files, which I provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it behaving the same way on a machine running Win7 & IE11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it behaving the same way on a machine running Win7 & IE11? No, it worked (for over a year, until last week) when I changed from W7 to W8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t mean YOUR machine; I meant ANOTHER Win7/IE11 machine – I was trying to establish if it’s something with your machine o/s / browser combo or the help content itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works on all our customers' W7 machines, world wide (Europe, North America, South America & Asia). It doesn't work on any customers' W8 machines, world wide.

I've been in touch with Adobe (and my developers) and hopefully they can edit the whcsh-home.htm file's new window calls and fix this.

Thanks for you help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so that would imply a difference in IE11 flavours in Win7 & Win8 (which I’m unaware of). I’ll have to do some research to see if my RH10 created help is affected in the same way too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I just checked a Win8 machine with IE11 & it’s showing no difference in the way the RH10-created help is displaying. Are you running 11.0.9600.17501 as your version of IE in Win8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, RH10.0.1.292 and IE11.0.9600.17498 and the help is published as WebHelp Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using RH Server? If not, then you shouldn’t be creating the “Pro” version at all. Try generating the regular flavour.

BTW – I thought you said you were running RH11? Maybe I was mistaken.

[EDIT] - yes I was mistaken - wrong thread in my mind - I see that your OP said RH10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using RH Server? Yes, and it's been working for years, until W8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it’s the “Pro” flavour of the help that’s the issue – I’m not sure any of the hotfixes that have come out are applicable. You could do a quick test by generating the regular flavour and try opening up the index.htm file directly in the \!SSL!\WebHelp\ folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both WebHelp and WebHelp Pro open the index.htm file (in fact any .htm file) without problems, when directly accessed. The blank page problem arises (only with W8) when a .htm file is called from within my application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp