• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Boilerplate instructions for WebHelp search?

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My users keep expecting the search function in WebHelp to work like Google search. Thus, they hate it. Does anyone have any boilerplate search instructions they would recommend for publication in a WebHelp project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at Peter Grainge's article on ZoomSearch. It is not the same as Google but it is better than RH's in built offering.

ZoomSearch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I did see that. Unfortunately, we are using Amazon Web Services, so I don't control much about the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What control do you need over the server to implement the instructions on my site?

All you need to do is upload some files for ZoomSearch in addition to the Rh files.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from the instructions:

• PHP and CGI need to be enabled on the server that will host the help and that is something your developers or IT people will have to set up. It is not difficult for them so don't let them put you off. A CD or DVD can be set up to run these methods and the same tools can be used within a folder to make it work as if it were on a PHP/CGI enabled server, although it is not quite as slick as the server being properly enabled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using those methods that is the case but there is a javascript method with ZoomSearch that does not need any server configuration.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2015 Feb 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks. i don't think i will be able to justify the investment on this temporary webhelp deployment, but i will keep that in my back pocket just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp