• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to display multiple categories of webapp items in list view? Changing listbox list to checkbox list to select category in submission process?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2014 Dec 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am trying to get my page to list webapp items that are part of a few categories. I understand that if i want to view only one category, I just need to do the normal process of choosing that category and placing it out. So my question is: How do I display multiple categories of items in a webapp in a single page. I've tried this

{module_webapps,WEBAPP_ID,c,CATEGORY_ID1,,,,10,,1} {module_webapps,WEBAPP_ID,c,CATEGORY_ID2,,,,10,,1}

This only displays the everything from the first category, then everything from the next, which will not make it in order of date.

I've also tried this for fun:

{module_webapps,WEBAPP_ID,c,CATEGORY_ID1&CATEGORY_ID2,,,,10,,1}

How can I go about doing it?

I am looking to allow users to input a webapp item and allow them to select a category to tie to that item.

<label for="CAT_Category">Category (You may select more than 1)<span class="req">*</span></label>

<select name="CAT_Category" id="CAT_Category" class="cat_listbox" rows="4" multiple="multiple" style="height: 60px;">

<option value="CATEGORY_ID1">--- Option 1</option>

<option value="CATEGORY_ID2">--- Option 2</option>

</select>

Is it possible for me to change the listbox style into a checkbox style such that the user doesn't have to control+click multiple options?

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

No answer to No.1 but I really want to find it out too.

No.2 

If you already know list of the categories & ID you can manually create a list of checkboxes

<input type="checkbox" name="CAT_Category" value="89081" />

<input type="checkbox" name="CAT_Category" value="89082" />

<input type="checkbox" name="CAT_Category" value="89083" />

something like that should work

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No answer to No.1 but I really want to find it out too.

No.2 

If you already know list of the categories & ID you can manually create a list of checkboxes

<input type="checkbox" name="CAT_Category" value="89081" />

<input type="checkbox" name="CAT_Category" value="89082" />

<input type="checkbox" name="CAT_Category" value="89083" />

something like that should work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. BC does not expose categories in list view, even with liquid. And you can not output a web app based on multiple categories.1.

2. As min indicated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines