Expand my Community achievements bar.

Multiple text box's question

Level 2

I have a 6 page form I made in livecycle and there are 7 comment sections than on the last page I have 7 separate sections (as a summary type page) where each comment is set to populate in it's respective location on the last page.

My question is this -  I want to create another page with one text box that populates with all the comments from the previous page - How would I go about doing this? Thanks

8 Replies

Level 7

You can use global binding, or use name binding. Make each field that you want to duplicate have the same name. However, it sounds like you want all the fields to be combined into a single field. In that case, create a calculated field on your summary page and write a script in that field's calculate event that combines all the previous page's fields outputs.

Level 2

How do I create a calculated text field in the summary page -

I tried this -  sum (Occupancy, Exterior, Roof, Interior, HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing)  and it's not working, I might be entering it in the wrong place or maybe I don't have the right selections under show and language.

Thanks

Level 10

Hi there,

sum() function only work using formcalc and it must be numerical/decimal values

if you want comments to concatenate in one field, you should be doing something like this

or

Hope this help!

Level 2

I'll try that. Where do I type in that JavaScript?

Sent from my iPhone

Level 10

in the calculate event of the textfield in your summary page

Level 2

It's not working for me for some reason. Is it possible for me to email you the file so that you can see it. And make sure I'm entering it right

Sent from my iPhone

Level 10

Make sure you are in the calculate event of the field

Because your textfields are in another page you must specify its path to the object you are referring to.

Here is the link for the form

PTIC HI Form Test - 2-7-2015.pdf - Google Drive

Level 2

Awesome thanks. I see where I was going wrong, I didn't enter the page6 before each field.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOIR HELP!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone