• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't update flash player

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2015 Jan 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running windows vista 32-bit. I have flash player 16.0.0.257 and am unable to update to 16.0.0.296 in IE9. Chrome is not a problem and updates automatically. Google is also my default browser.

In IE9, Active x filtering is NOT checked. In internet options, security and trusted sites - active scripting is enabled and security is set for medium.

When I try to do the update, the update stalls on step 2. If I try to do it again I get a message that only a single instance of this application can run. If I clear it out of downloads and try again, it's just a vicioius cycle of same repeated problem.

With the IE browser open I can check my version at Adobe site which verifies my present version. When I go to the help page, I get a black screen with blue words on the right. I have to scroll down very far to get the white page with the install info, etc.

I had this problem quite a long time ago and used to be able to click on a direct link for ie. But I no longer am able to find that.

Please help. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jan 31, 2015 Jan 31, 2015

1. Restart your computer to get rid of the Flash Player Process that you started when you tried to update.

2. Go to the following adobe link and go to the bottom where it provides a link to do a direct download:

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

I have the same problem with Windows 7 32 bit and the above method is the only way I can update Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jan 31, 2015 Jan 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Restart your computer to get rid of the Flash Player Process that you started when you tried to update.

2. Go to the following adobe link and go to the bottom where it provides a link to do a direct download:

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

I have the same problem with Windows 7 32 bit and the above method is the only way I can update Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2015 Feb 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is that link suppose to take a year to download?

i haven't tried to re download flash in a few weeks, are you positive we can get it to download from there?

ok i clicked on the download & it says its not a valid win32 application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 01, 2015 Feb 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pringles,

I am sorry that the direct download did not work. It does work for me.

I did some searching and came across the following link that might help you:

On our Vista computer 32 bit, the adobe flash player does not work - Microsoft Community

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so the actual adobe link that just gives me a blank gray box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for poining out that specific link. It installed quickly and properly. I had to restart the computer afterward for the new version to be recognized.

I had the page earmarked, but apparently I never clicked on the link at the very bottom which you recommended.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get the installer to retrieve the file. It goes to a cannot download, please try again Then it sends me to the beginning again.,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very very frustrating not being able to talk to a human being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to echo Andy's reply (second post in this thread).  I just visited the Windows Installation help page and had no problems downloading any of the three stand alone installers.  If you're encountering problems installing from the installer located on http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer, then I would highly recommend trying the stand alone versions located on our help page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

idk about anyone else but i've tried the stand alone version multiply times & i can't get it to work. i wanna kick my self for uninstalling version 15 in the first place.

is there no other option. like an add on for firefox.

if i install Opera do you think trying to install flash would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system?  What exactly means "can't get it to work"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a dell windows 7. when i try to install the stand alone version i get 'its not a valid win32 application'. but i have windows 32.

when i try to install from Adobe i get a blank box when it should be installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kay,

I suspect there's something going wrong with your system.  This isn't a common issue and is typically related to corrupted files.  This might be simply a corruption of the installer during download.  When you view the stand alone installer, does it display itself with a Flash Player icon similar to the one below?

fp_icon.png

I'm assuming you are using IE to download these files.  Could you try downloading with another browser (such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox)?  Alternatively, do you have any security software running?  If so, could you temporarily disable this while downloading and installing to see if that might be interfering?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i'm pretty sure i don't see that image. I never use IE. i install the firefox installer since its my main browser. i said in another thread that chrome has adobe 16 already on it. but i have a green screen on episodes.

i have McAfee for security software but i've never ran it. how do i disable it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines