Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to change brush opacity?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lemme explain.

I just got Creative Cloud for a project I'm doing. Keep in mind we're on a relatively tight budget- it's a school project, but I'm not even in high school yet. So other alternatives are out- I'm NOT changing programs.

Well, I animate (or at least, I'll be learning to) in the style of hand-drawn animation. I don't like the way the computer moves shapes for me with tweens. My main issue is with sketching messy frames- I can't do it very well with the pen tool. Here's an example I did in Paint Tool SAI:

stupid flash.png

It's the difference between using pencil and pen- pencil on left, pen on right. Even if it looks pretty good, it's hard to do, and doesn't feel right. What would make things a LOT better is if, like I was told somewhere, I could tone down the brush opacity. That way, I could sketch like I do with the marker tool on SAI and it would be just as good. I'm using the latest version of Flash. Please help me! unu

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Select the color fill, then type in the alpha level you want to use.

Screen Shot 2015-02-09 at 4.34.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amelia,

Which device are you using Flash Pro CC on? This is the information I have from the team.

If you are using a pen, can you try switching to a mouse and let us know if you still have the same issues?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Wacom Intuos. Nothing really changes except that I don't have pen pressure anymore. What I'm trying to do is lower the opacity of the brush, can you help me with that? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain your problem a different way? I don't see what pressure and opacity have to do with eachother. And your drawing is from another program, which is probably just confusing me. The ability to turn pressure on is in the Tools panel, right below brush shape/size, and above the stylus tilt option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using pen in SAI is basically the same thing as using the brush in flash. I never said opacity had anything to do with opacity, my last post was in response to Preran.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ok, sorry about that. You can always change the brush alpha level, but unless you are in Object Drawing mode or working on a specific new layer, it would just replace the brush strokes that were there before rather than automatically layer up in a Photoshop-like way. Hope that helps somewhat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, how do I go about that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the color fill, then type in the alpha level you want to use.

Screen Shot 2015-02-09 at 4.34.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh my god... YOU SAVED MY LIFE!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU OH BY SITHIS I DON'T KNOW HOW TO THANK YOU ENOUGH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the alpha of the fill color, but it won't build up and get darker like the image on the right side unless you have Object Drawing enabled or add new layers to draw on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines