Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't view html5 output (Presenter 10)

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've just upgraded to the Presenter10. Everything seems working just fine, but I can’t open the html5 output (locally nor on web). I’m stack with this screen:

Capture.JPG

Here are two examples:

only SWF is working

Do you have any suggestions how to resolve it?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

OK, here is "solution" from Adobe Presenter Support:

There is no workaround. You can only copy and paste all the slides into new blank presentation. All audio and synchronization -> you have to do it manually. We cannot say it is a bug ,  When ever user converting an file created in an earlier version of product into an latest version which is more enhanced and HTML5 feature has newly introduced into PN 10 , So it is bit obvious you will face some unexpected behavior. HTML5 has been introduced ne

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked by mistake on Assume Answered, please disregard "This question is Assumed Answered"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2015 Feb 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been able to narrow the problem. I’ve just created a new presentation from scratch and everything was fine.

So, the problem with html5 output only reside in presentations converted from earlier version of Presenter (6.0) – the example I gave in my first post. Here are the steps that I followed converting those presentations:

1. Open in PowerPoint2013
  2. Wait for Presenter to convert the .ppc file
  3. Save .ppt file into .pptx
  4. Delete old files
  5. Publish the .pptx using Publish function of Presenter10.

N.B. The old version of Presenter was deleted prior installation of Presenter10.

Does anyone know the best practices on how to convert these old presentations so the html5 would be functional?  
I have hundreds of presentations that need to be converted…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, I have this problem only with ppt files created in MS PowerPoint 2003-2007.  All other files are converted in html5 without any problems. Does anyone have an idea on how to deal with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sharing with you source files: ppt, ppc, pptx, as well as folders created by Presenter10: ...test/1e/ [or everything in one zip file]

You will find there two folders with published presentations from these files: published/1e_swf (working) and published/1e_html5 (not working).

I think that original files (ppt and ppc) causing some problem for html5 output, but I can’t see where it is and how to resolve it. Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you publish as HTML did you check the option to "View warning messages"? This should be a list of all the error points of converting to HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this option is checked, but I don't receive any warning message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it didn't open in a browser window then it may be stopped by a popup blocker or something, You can find the warning file in the Presenter folder with the same name as the PPTX file. It should be in the same location as the PPTX

The file is called warnings.htm, if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no such a file in that folder. I did receive some warning messages while making new presentations, so I know what you are talking about, but I don't receive any in that particular case. You can see my pptx_folder [Re: can't view html5 output (Presenter 10)], there is no warnings.htm in that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can somebody try to publish these sources files [ppt and ppc - Right click> Save Link As] into html5 presentation? I would like to make sure that this is not the problem with my software or hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded and tested. Same result, not error report. However, when using the developer console (F12 in FF or Chrome) I do see that there are errors in the index.html file. You may want to reach out to Adobe Support and see if they can look at this presentation and identify where the problem lies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jorma!
I was thinking that we can reach Adobe Support in this forum or should I try chat support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These forums are user forums, not support. Sometimes the support team does look at and reply but it is on their own time and is not part of their job duties. So, don't expect Adobe to respond, but be glad when they do.

You can contact support for Presenter here, Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jorma! I'll contact the support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here is "solution" from Adobe Presenter Support:

There is no workaround. You can only copy and paste all the slides into new blank presentation. All audio and synchronization -> you have to do it manually. We cannot say it is a bug ,  When ever user converting an file created in an earlier version of product into an latest version which is more enhanced and HTML5 feature has newly introduced into PN 10 , So it is bit obvious you will face some unexpected behavior. HTML5 has been introduced newly into Presenter 10 and that was not present in earlier versions of Presenter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So be aware Presenter10 will not produce correct HTML5 from presentations created in PowerPoint 2007 and earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it appears to not be able to produce the correct HTML5 from presentations created in MSO 2016 as well.  I am getting the same issue.  I just created the presentation and found it doesn't like gifs(animated or still) or slide transitions.  I removed the transitions and replaced the gif with a png and it continues to "spin" like what you were experiencing before.  If I do both flash and html5, the flash version works just fine.  Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources