• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Flash install hangs at 30% (Mac OS X Safari)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to install Flash 3 times today with no luck.

Thought it may be my connection - but I have been able to upload and download other items today with no trouble.

I was hoping to speak with someone from Adobe - but the "contact us" page kept circling me back to the forums.

I am a Creative Cloud member, I use Flash daily for my business - I need to get this sorted fairly quickly if possible.

If I was on my PC I'd feel confident to uninstall and reinstall but I'm not that handy with this Mac.  Hopefully it's a simple solution!

Thanks in advance...

---------

I just ran the uninstall program. That went smoothly. However, when I tried to install Flash again I get the same problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

This works!

--------------------------

ronh22061097 (to b.s25984744) 7 minutes ago

I was having the same problem and I un-installed it from my preferences.  Then I found a link in this forum to use.  Try this:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

-------------------------

Thank you @roh22061097

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spoke with an operator on Adobe Chat (after waiting for 30 minutes) - was given a link http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

however I had to uninstall the old partially installed version, which meant I had to close the browser before being able to install from the new link.

So I had to close the chat and try again but I am still getting the same problem. Before closing the chat the operator told me to try the forums for further assistance - I can see there are quite a few people with the same problem but I haven't seen any suggested fixes yet (other than going to the "help" section from the install page, which only offers general advice).

I know the lines must be busy but I would hope that Adobe could see the issue and post a note advising of a fix or that they are working on a fix - just to acknowledge that they know about the issue.  I've been paying my monthly creative cloud fee for 18 months now and this is the first time I've needed help and feel a bit let down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue stuck at 25%. Try to the following methods which I just used. It worked fine for me.

1. Launch System Preference

2. Click on Flash Player icon at the bottom of the screen

3. Click on Advanced Tab

4. Click Check Now

5. Proceed accordingly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish I had of thought of that before I uninstalled Flash! It's not in System Preferences now....

Screen Shot 2015-02-09 at 1.19.52 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I supposed you can re-install it? I only realised this method 1 day later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't re-install it because it will only download to 25%-30%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with liseylootasI mistakenly followed the Adobe support instructions and un-installed it.  Now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can u guys re-install it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't re-install - thinking I may have to use the time machine then try the preferences option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, can you try installing from the 3 links below:

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Adobe Flash Player - Downloads

Adobe Flash Player (free) - Download Latest version in english on Kioskea

If not then your Time Machine is the only way, might take awhile. I have to admit that this flash update issue is annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time machine didn't work - I need to set that up better as soon as I get this Flash thing fixed.

Now just waiting on Help Chat - will advise if I get a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing the "offline" version from Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe

This worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - I installed from a link anther user provided in another discussion.  I posted the link here but it is being moderated.

It is working fine now thank goodness!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the links download the same Flash installer(date, size, etc).   I wish I wouldn't have followed the un-install instructions that Adobe posted on their support page.

Thanks for your help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works!

--------------------------

ronh22061097 (to b.s25984744) 7 minutes ago

I was having the same problem and I un-installed it from my preferences.  Then I found a link in this forum to use.  Try this:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

-------------------------

Thank you @roh22061097

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines