• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After I update, I still have only the old version

Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 7, using Firefox

After I download and successfully instal Adobe Flash Player (yes, it's for Firefox) I do a plugin check and it's still version 1.3.1.2 (labelled vulnerable).

I have already tried the following:

Checked that the plugin is activated.

Uninstalled flash and downloaded, installed, rebooted.

I did all this because I keep getting this error message: Shockwave Flash may be busy, or it may have stopped responding.

I did a bunch of things to fix this, (disable hardware acceleration, disabled Silverlight...) but I think the fact that I can't update flash player may be the problem.

HELP!  My only other idea is to ditch Firefox.

I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could help me, and please use layman's (laywoman's?) terms.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

Ok, you have the latest version of Flash Player for Firefox installed.

Now, in the upper right hand corner of the Firefox screen there is an icon for "Menu".

If you click on the Menu icon and then the Add On in Icon, then make sure the Plug In tab is selected on the left,  what version of the Shockwave Flash does it say you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Unicorn,

When you click on Start, then Control Panel, then the Flash Player Icon, and finally click on the Advanced tab - what version of Flash Player does it show for Firefox (i.e.NPAPI Plug in)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

Thanks for answering.

It says

AcitiveX version: Not installed

NP API Plug-in Version: 16.0.0.305

PP API Plug-in Version: Not installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, you have the latest version of Flash Player for Firefox installed.

Now, in the upper right hand corner of the Firefox screen there is an icon for "Menu".

If you click on the Menu icon and then the Add On in Icon, then make sure the Plug In tab is selected on the left,  what version of the Shockwave Flash does it say you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

I see. I guess I do have the correct version. It says Shockwave Flash 16.0.0.305.

I was going by the results of clicking "Check to see if your plug-ins are up to date". It tells me that it's an old version. So basically firefox isn't checking it correctly.

Assuming I have the latest version, I still need to solve the problem of getting this error messge: Shockwave Flash may be busy, or it may have stopped responding.  What subforum should I post the question to?

Also, I find lots of times I'll click to go to a website and immediately get to the dreaded Server Not Found page. If I try again - no problem. It doesn't stop me from surfing, but it's annoying because it happens quite a lot. Not ever sure where to start with that one. No idea if it's a connectivity problem, a firefox problem a flash problem... : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry but I am unable to help you with your remaining problems.

I have noticed that when people post to this forum during the week rather than on a weekend, some Adobe employees help with problems.

So I suggest you post your remaining problems in the Using Flash Player forum during the week.

If you do not get an answer in 48 hours try posting again.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, Andy. I appreciate your taking the time to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

One final note - When I click on "check to see if your plugins are up to date", Firefox says that Flash Player is up to date and it shows the latest version.

Good luck with the remaining problems

One more thing you could check. Click on Start, then click on Control Panel, (make sure you are not in Category View - use Large Icons), then click on Programs and Features.

You should see the latest version of Adobe Flash Player listed.

See if there is an old version of Adobe Flash Player that is still installed on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2015 Feb 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ruth,

There is no such thing as Flash Player version 1.3.1.2.  If you can post a screenshot of where your browser indicates this, I'd like to see it (How to post a screenshot in the forum).

Flash Player 16.0.0.305 and Shockwave Flash 16.0.0.305 are the same thing.  Flash Player was referred to as Shockwave when it was first introduced, many, many years ago and that name has been used since then.  Unfortunately, it confuses users.  However, Shockwave Flash should not be confused with Adobe Shockwave, which is a completely different product.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines