• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to Download Flashplayer

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2015 Feb 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so frustrated!  I have been trying to download Flash Player all afternoon.  Shockwave is not in my toolbars & extensions.  How do I get it there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

What Operating system are you using?

If you are using Windows, what version - Windows Vista, or Windows 7, or Windows 8?

Are you trying to install Flash Player for the first time or you trying to update Flash Player?

I am using Windows 7. When I click on Start and then Control Panel, (make sure you are in Large Icons VIEW not Category); I can see the Flash Player Icon listed.

If I then click on the Flash Player Icon and then click on the Advanced tab I can see an Updates section that shows me the version of Flash Player that is currently installed.

I hope this info helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. I bought this computer for my mom, and she needs flash installed. I can't do a speed test on this computer, because it requires flash, which tries installing at all of 2 kb per second, spends an hour getting to 30% and fails, but my connection shows 64 mb per second on my laptop, which is using the same connection.  Specs: Windows 7 64 bit, 4 gb memory, and have no problems downloading from other sites. I can stream a 2 gigabyte movie in a matter of minutes, while Flash is struggling to get 1 megabyte downloaded. This has been a problem at Adobe for a LOOOONG time; the last time I had to install Flash, when I bought the laptop a year ago, it took about 10 tries and all night.

I think I ended up resorting to using a FTP link that somebody on the forums had posted back then, but it's been so long ago that I really don't remember, and can't find it today; it was posted a long time ago, after all.

I hope Adobe eventually gets around to fixing this, and renews support for Android, which is another failure on their part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I never had a problem downloading Flash Player; it usually downloads within less than 1 second (and I am 10,000km away from the Adobe download servers).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines