• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player and IE 11 HELP

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2015 Feb 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using a Windows 7, 64 bit computer with IE 11. Recently I lost all my flash player content within IE11.  With-in the control panel it shows I have FP 16.0.0.305 installed but yet I can't see FP content. I've went into manage accelerators and both the Flash Object and Java Plug-in are enabled. So I've tried un-installing and re-installing and still do not see any FP content.  I've tried installing older versions to try and just get it working in hopes of up-grading from there, but when they did install still no FP content and the failed installations I would get an error code of "1722"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015

Finally got it fixed, had to un-install IE and re-install IE. What a b!tch. because not all IE versions worked. The latest one does, IE11, but when you re-install it you can't tell it's there. There is no shortcut created and you can't find it doing a search in the search box, only the installer package comes up. To put a shorcut on the desktop you need to go to: Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>See Full Map>Right-click Internet>Click Pin to Start Menu. Then click start and drag the IE i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go to that web-pages screen, do you see a bar at the top of the screen asking if you trust that site's Flash Content, and offering a choice? "Allow" or "Do not allow"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no. the web pages all look the same as before but with no flash content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, confirm that ActiveX Filtering is configured to allow Flash content:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Internet Explorer 11 introduces a number of changes both to how the browser identifies itself to remote web servers, and to how it processes JavaScript intended to target behaviors specific to Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, this means that content on some sites will be broken until the content provider changes their site to conform to the new development approach required by modern versions of IE.

You can try to work around these issues by using Compatibility View:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

If that is too inconvenient, using Google Chrome may be a preferable alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's the case why was it working for a limited time? Why did flash player not stop working as soon as IE11 was introduced? It was only when I tried to up-grade to the newer version. And older versions will not work. There has to be something within IE11 that is blocking the flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I'd do:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

I'd ensure that the filesystem is in good shape:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2641432?wa=wsignin1.0

Then I'd download the offline installer for the ActiveX control:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_ax.exe

If you're still not getting Flash Content, I'd try resetting Internet Explorer's settings:

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings - Windows Help

If that doesn't work, have you added anything else to the browser (ad-blocking, anti-tracking utilities, disabled JavaScript) that might prevent Flash from operating normally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2015 Feb 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I started this thread I tried resetting IE, that didn't work. Haven't added anything to the computer. Tried the offline installer, good suggestion, still nothing. I did notice though, when I check under tools>manage add-ons> the shock flash object doesn't show up in the "currently loaded add-ons" , but does show up in "all add-ons" and it does say it's enabled. It is as if its on the computer just not interacting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally got it fixed, had to un-install IE and re-install IE. What a b!tch. because not all IE versions worked. The latest one does, IE11, but when you re-install it you can't tell it's there. There is no shortcut created and you can't find it doing a search in the search box, only the installer package comes up. To put a shorcut on the desktop you need to go to: Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>See Full Map>Right-click Internet>Click Pin to Start Menu. Then click start and drag the IE icon onto your desktop. What a b!tch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines