Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extendscript Toolkit - Cannot launch Robohelp error

Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I thought I'd have a look at scripting in Robohelp, unfortunately I've run into a problem.

I selected Tools > Scripts > New Script, which opened ESTK, then selected Adobe Robohelp 11 in the drop-down and clicked the broken link icon, which popped up the following message:

"Target Adobe RoboHelp 11 is not running. Do you want to launch Adobe RoboHelp 11? Yes/No"

Which is odd, because I opened ESTK from Robohelp.

Has anyone encountered this before or know what I've done wrong?

Robohelp version: 11.0.0.179

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

I've seen this as well. I just close the ESTK and try again. Or close RH and open from the ESTK. It just isn't the most stable environment. (I prefer Notepad++ for coding. Just set syntax highlighting to JavaScript. I only run it frrom ESTK for debugging.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this as well. I just close the ESTK and try again. Or close RH and open from the ESTK. It just isn't the most stable environment. (I prefer Notepad++ for coding. Just set syntax highlighting to JavaScript. I only run it frrom ESTK for debugging.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome. It worked that time. Possibly it might take a couple of attempts and a weekend break, for anyone reading this in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp