• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you work around repeated freezes of Flash Player Installer on a Mac?

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running an iMac with OS X 10.10.2, and Safari 8.0.3 and have been unable to successfully update Flash Player.  The Installer repeatedly freezes at 25 or 30% completion, and I have to force quit the installer.  I have checked the Preferences in Safari and Plug-ins and JavaScript are enabled.  I have made sure that Safari is completely shut down after downloading and before installing, but the freezes continue. I have uninstalled the previous version of Flash Player and done a clean install of the latest version, but the Installer still freezes.  I have not had trouble with any other software installations.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading the "offline" version from

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

I had a similar issue and this resolved it.  Please make sure you download the correct version for your operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried your suggestion and even tried the link but still its not working. Also i have made sure that I download the correct version for my laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That link was suggested by 2 other people on this forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines