• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

its not working suddenly...

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on grooveshark.com getting up music like I do every night to help me sleep, and it just suddenly says that I cannot use my flash player. I go to the download thing, and it says windows 8 already have it installed, and the only reason it wouldn't be working was if I had ActiveX filtering enabled, or if flash players were disabled. I went through what it told me, but ActiveX filtering IS disabled, and flash players ARE enabled, but it still will not work! Also, there is no upcoming system update coming up, so I have no idea what's happening, and why my flash player doesn't work anymore. I'm using a windows 8 surface RT by the way.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, confirm that ActiveX Filtering is configured to allow Flash content:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Internet Explorer 11 introduces a number of changes both to how the browser identifies itself to remote web servers, and to how it processes JavaScript intended to target behaviors specific to Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, this means that content on some sites will be broken until the content provider changes their site to conform to the new development approach required by modern versions of IE.

You can try to work around these issues by using Compatibility View:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

If that is too inconvenient, using Google Chrome may be a preferable alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said in my post, I have a windows 8 surface RT, which is pretty much a surface that cannot install anything off of internet browsers. I cannot get chrome on it. But I fixed my problem, by going through the files in the adobe flash player in "my computer", I found this one thing in the file disabling it, and it said it was made on the same day I couldn't use the flash player. I deleted it, and now it works like normal again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love some more detailed specifics on that (the filename and size would be super cool if it's still in your trash).  If you run into it again, if you could take a screenshot or just copy the info down, that would be really helpful.  I could ask Microsoft about it that way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

aww man! Ok, I make YouTube videos, and I like making vlogs. I make them pretty often, and usually make about 10 different videos, and edit them all into one video to upload, then delete the originals, and they've filled the recycling bin since I got rid of that flash file. It was a text document called "flash install" and it took up about 200-300 MB, but that's all I remember. I didn't think of letting you know the specifics before it was gone. Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines