• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 HTML - using HTML from MS Excel

Participant ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to import a series of HTML files exported/saved from Excel to a project.

This is demonstration purposes, to test migration approaches for content from Word and Excel to a SharePoint environment.

After importing the 36 HTML files to my project, RH gets really slow.

It takes 15-20 seconds to open any of the files for editing.

I see that the HTML from Excel has the content is in tables, and some Javascript.

Are the tables themselves part of the issue?

any suggestions?

tia

Jay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is opening slow for every topic even if you import only a single one? How large is a single HTM file? It may be that opening is not related to the number of topics but to how large each topic is. If you have very large topics, it may take some time for RH to load them and show them in the editor.

Is RH also slow apart from opening the topics? Such as creating new topics, closing the project, opening the project, etc.?

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Willam;

The files range from 20kb to 300 kb

A  20 kb file takes about 15 sec to open, a 150 kb file takes about 30 sec.

This is on a Win 7 machine, Intel i7 w/ 8GB memory. So it has reasonable compute speed, and shouldn't be slowed by lack of memory.

The project opens quickly. I don't use RH much, having to re-learn what little I did know.

if the use of this strangely-sourced HTML doesn't sound like a huge issue, I'll continue and see how it goes.

I should note that there aren't any calculations in the files - these are instructional documents that happened to be created in Excel.

Thanks

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay

Where is the project? Is it on your local C drive or is it on a network drive?

If it's on a LAN drive, try closing the project, copying it to your C drive (perhaps to a location such as C:\Projects\ProjectNameHere) and see if your speed has improved.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks - I should have mentioned - it is on a local drive.

the drive has 384GB free.

So, free space should not be the issue, nor network latency.

Regards

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2015 Feb 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your operating system is not supported for Rh7. Probably neither was the version of Excel you are using.

RoboHelp platform matrix

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp