• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic Pane Focus and Printer Options

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Internet Explorer 11 and RoboHelp HTML 11 (v 11.0.4.291) with WebHelp as my Primary Layout. I created a Print Topic button which uses the following function:

The Action for OnClick = printAction()

The Inline Javascript Function Definition reads:

var printAction= function()

{

var topicPane = top.frames[1].frames[1];

topicPane.focus();

topicPane.print();

}

When viewing the Help from within RoboHelp and in Internet Explorer 11 through our application, the Print Preview displays 3 options: 1) 1 Page View, 2) Select Content (which includes a choice of “As laid out on screen”, “Only the selected frame”, and “All frames individually”), and 3) Shrink to Fit.  In order to get it to print only my Topic Frame, I must force focus on my Topic window by making sure that I have my cursor within that window pane, and choose “Only the selected frame” for it to print correctly. Our application does not display the “Select Content” option.

When I select my Printer to print, the “Options” tab has the “Only the selected frame” automatically set but that does not seem to make a difference.

Is there a way for me to ensure that only the Topic pane has focus and prints correctly without the user having to select the frame and select the correct print option?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depending on whether DUCC is enabled, the JS call may be a bit differently. Try the script from Peter's site: Scripts for Twisties, Show All / Hide All and Print Buttons or my toolbar scripts: WebHelp (Pro) Toolbar scripts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp