• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to add large number of RoboHelp docs to SharePoint version control

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on RH11, and some version of SharePoint of which I'm not sure. I'm able to add one document at a time to SharePoint version control from within RH (File > Version Control), but I need to have about 49,000 with version control in RoboHelp.  I was able to get the files into SharePoint, but now I need to get RoboHelp to be handle the large number of files.

How do I get RoboHelp to give version control to a large number of documents at once?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Are you talking about individual files or projects? I assume individual files, since 49,000 projects may be a bit on the heavy side.

If you add a project to version control, RoboHelp will add all the files to SharePoint. This will take quite a bit of time (set RH to add it before you go out for lunch or before you go home). In the end, you can check in the entire project with a single click. Or are you seeing something else?

You can always manipulate RH's .apj files to very quickly add loads of fi

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about individual files or projects? I assume individual files, since 49,000 projects may be a bit on the heavy side.

If you add a project to version control, RoboHelp will add all the files to SharePoint. This will take quite a bit of time (set RH to add it before you go out for lunch or before you go home). In the end, you can check in the entire project with a single click. Or are you seeing something else?

You can always manipulate RH's .apj files to very quickly add loads of files to a project. If you have the files in SharePoint, you can update the FPJ files (Use the following script: Missing topics fixer). Then remove the CPD and start the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was files, about 15 projects, but now I have to get RoboHelp to connect to SharePoint, and that's something I haven't figured out.  Everything is nicely in SharePoint, but it's one error message after another trying to get RoboHelp to allow version control.  I can open SharePoint files within RoboHelp, but I can't get the versioning to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp