• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acoustic signal when user changes status?

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody!

I'm quite new to Adobe Connect in the role of a trainer. There ist one function I am missing: an acoustic signal/notification when a user changes its status.

Example: The users have to fullfill a task which takes several hours. As the trainer, I'm online all the time in order to help if needed. But I need to stare at my screen all the time in order to notice if someone has a question. I wish there would be some kind of acoustic signal. Is there something like that? If not, this could be a feature request.

Greetings

Marcel

TOPICS
Training

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

To use the Doorbell Connect pod, just upload the SWF file to a Share pod in your room (same as uploading a PPT or JPG). It would require the manual pressing of the button when someone's 'status' changed, but that can be the student's method of notifying you that they are done with their task.

If you feel that you need the exact functionality as you described above, you can look to build your own custom pod (should you be savvy with AS3) using the Collaboration Builder SDK found here, Adobe Connect | Adobe Developer Connection

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use the Doorbell Connect pod, or there may be another custom pod that could work. Some of the available pods are found here, Online meeting applications and extensions | Adobe Connect extensions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jorma, thank you for this tip. The doorbell connect pod looks very interesting. Unfortunately I can't install any pods. And I assume it would be more user friendly if the bell wouldn't be an extra click (perhaps after an amount of time if I don't react on a status change), but an automatism (which can be activated or deactivated).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To use the Doorbell Connect pod, just upload the SWF file to a Share pod in your room (same as uploading a PPT or JPG). It would require the manual pressing of the button when someone's 'status' changed, but that can be the student's method of notifying you that they are done with their task.

If you feel that you need the exact functionality as you described above, you can look to build your own custom pod (should you be savvy with AS3) using the Collaboration Builder SDK found here, Adobe Connect | Adobe Developer Connection, or you could reach out to one of the groups that offers the creation of custom pods. ActiveC is one such company, custom development - ActiveC.biz.

Connect is very unique in providing the ability to create your own functionality should the default options not meet your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! But there is one obstacle: Doorbell Connect is compatible with Connct 8, but the company I'm working for uses Connect 7.5. I uploaded the swf to a share pod, but I just got a blank white pod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Connect 7.5 Well you don't see that much any more. I don't think that pod was around for Connect 7.5, so you may be out of luck there. I've dug through my archives and I don't see much in the way of custom pods for that version of Connect. Should you want to endevor on building one, or having one built, you may need to refferenc the Connect 6 Collaboration builder SDK, as I recall it was used for Connect 7 as well. It can be found here, Adobe Connect Help | Documentation for all Adobe Connect releases

However, I'm not sure how much you can get out of Connect 7.5, as that is terribly out of date. Any chance you can get them to upgrade their server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, the current version of Connect seems to be 9.3. So the version I use is really quite old. Perhaps they still stick to it in terms of "never change a running system". And as long as Adobe supports it ... They won't update it just because of my little issue.

Anyways, thank you very much for all the information!

Marcel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

7.5 won't be supported much longer. Adobe supports 2 prior versions, and Connect 10 will no doubt be released in the next year or so. So if that is the justification, then they may want to upgrade their server to 8+ if they can. Just my 2c.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines