Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to hide scrollbars in Muse

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello to everybody,

i was wondering...is there an option to hide scrollbars in a website built with Adobe Muse ? I know Safari hides scrollbars by default but older browser don't. I want to hide them for a matter of design...
Thank you all !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Check this out...

Disabler Widget

It's free, click on the free download to get the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm sorry you cannot hide scrollbars for browsers using Muse.

Muse does not currently offer the ability to hide scrollbars on your site. You may be able to accomplish this by inserting custom code using Object > Insert HTML...

Please post this as a feature request in the Ideas for Features in Adobe Muse forum: http://forums.adobe.com/community/muse/ideas

-Shushobhan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2013 Aug 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To hide your scrollbar:

1. On the page you want to do that - go to Object / insert HTML

2. Insert this code

<style type="text/css">

html,body{overflow-x:hidden;}

</style>

• This code hides the horizontal scrollbar. If you want to do it for the vertical one, change overflow-x:hidden to overflow-y:hidden

Ali Pordeli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was of great help to me even over a year later  , thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the code, really helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the code, I am getting some weird double vertical scroll bar to the side for some reason. Here is link http://texashighwaysponsorship.com/index.html. Any thoughts on why its happening? I'm only hiding the x overflow, so whats with the double down on the vertical?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, It happens because vertical overflow is not hidden in the iframe or code that you are using. Send me the code and I can tell you what changes should be done, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I have:

<style>

html,body{

overflow-x:hidden;

}

</style>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this out...

Disabler Widget

It's free, click on the free download to get the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this widget disables vertical/horizontal scrolling. I want something that just HIDES the scroll bars but still scrolls?

Please let me know when you across something useful. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Since you commented over a year ago, you may have figured it out by now but if not and for anyone else that searches this...

I was trying to do the same thing - hide the scroll bars but still have the page content scroll as normal.

in Page > Page Properties > Metadata

In the "HTML for <head>" field paste the following code:

<style type="text/css">

html,body {

overflow: scroll;

overflow-x: hidden;

}

::-webkit-scrollbar {

width: 0px;

background: transparent;

}

</style>

do this on all the pages you want to hide the scroll bars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2014 Aug 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you want is

<style>

html,body{

overflow-y:hidden;

}

</style>

x is horizontal, y is vertical

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfect! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all of you, it helped a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me and I'm so happy.

You are a life saver!!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming the page is long or wide enough for default browser scrolbars to appear,  hiding them from people poses a usability  nightmare.  Why oh why would anyone want to do that?

There's an old saying in web design.  "Don't mess with people's browsers."   Changing expected browser behaviors  only confuses people.  It doesn't make your site better.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there by chance, as way to modify this so that you can tell the horizontal scroll bar to center? I have some really wide pages needed for spacing and my website via adobe Muse defaultly positions the page to the utmost left of the page when in browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Scroll Master QooQee widget is what you need. It not only gives you the option to center your scrollbar horizontally, but you can choose to scroll down and the scrollbar moves horizontally (would be nice for a wide page).

It is free, give it a try.

Click here to see the widget.

Ali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's Great!

BUT, It looks like it only works when the page first loads. Once the anchor scroll links are clicked it reverts the horizontal scroll back to the left. It's so close to finding a solution though. I wish I knew what the widget was actually doing to the code. www.daniellachman.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I see. You have some content with scroll motion applied to them. The scrollbar is actually horizontal not vertical (in your project). The main point of the widget is having a wide page "width: 5000px" for example. Then you do not need to apply scroll effect to the content, just place them right after another in the wide page of yours.

If it sounds confusing or difficult, send you file to info@qooqee.com and point the issue, we can help you with that.

Ali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you saved my life, THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I use the disabler or the code, it gets rid of the scroll bar and the scrolling. Is that what everyone is looking for it to do or is everyone still able to scroll?

Let me know,

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ali,

Where do I put the .mulib? In What folder?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Simply doubleclick it. Muse does the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines