• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions 4.0.2 crashing on Mac

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2015 Jan 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Macintosh running Mavericks, 10.9.5 and was running Adobe Digital Editions 2 happily and then made the major error of trying to "update" to Adobe Digital Editions 4.0.2 -- and the installer crashed. Now when I try to run Adobe Digital Editions 4.0.2 it just crashes, and restoring Adobe Digital Editions 2 from Time Machine gives me an app that does not open.

Any advice other than never trying to use Adobe Digital Editions again, and remembering Adobe as a company that does not support it's products?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

With more details: I found an answer to a similar question on the Forum from TTWTT (TTMTT), who posted a link to download versions 2 and 3 of Digital Editions at Adobe Digital Editions downloads (Adobe Digital Editions downloads). I had tried find these downloads on Adobe's far from helpful website with total lack of success. Version 3 seems to be working.

Whether Adobe is working is a totally different question.

So far it appears that Adobe Digital Editions 4.02 is a disaster, best avoided.

My tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found an answer to a similar question on the Forum from TTWTT, who posted a link to download versions 2 and 3 of Digital Editions. I had tried find these downloads on Adobe's far from helpful website with total lack of success. Version 3 seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With more details: I found an answer to a similar question on the Forum from TTWTT (TTMTT), who posted a link to download versions 2 and 3 of Digital Editions at Adobe Digital Editions downloads (Adobe Digital Editions downloads). I had tried find these downloads on Adobe's far from helpful website with total lack of success. Version 3 seems to be working.

My thanks to TTMTT, and if I could give credit for a correct answer I would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

Same here -- just updated from previous version to 4.0.2 and it installs and opens but then crashes and cannot be used.  This is on an older Mac Pro running Lion.  I hope this can be corrected, because I use Digital Editions to proof our e-books and I need it!  I have installed it on a new iMac running Yosemite yesterday, and it seems to be o.k. on that machine, but haven't used it extensively yet.  Hope there is a solution soon!

Small Town Gal

UPDATE:  I uninstalled version 4 and re-installed version 3 on my older Mac, and now things are working again.  Version 4.2 works on new iMac running Yosemite, but does not work on older Mac running Lion.  Version 3 and 2 are both still available on the Adobe Digital Editions download SITE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Small Town Gal and Everyone,

when de-installing Version 4 and then installing the old version on my mac - do I then need to re-register the computer? And if so, do you know if  that  means that my number of allowed registered devices is going down for me?

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Kedderle,

I didn't have to reregister my computer for the reinstall of Version 3 after trashing Version 4  -- in fact, I don't ever remember registering my computer for any Adobe Digital editions installations in the first place because it is a free download available to all and I don't think that it has to be registered.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines