• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do RH6-generated .chm files work under Vista?

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2007 Aug 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for posting this question again just to move it up in "triage" but I'd really like to hear from some of the active responders (e.g., Grainge, Captiv8r) on this issue. To recap:

I know RH 6 cannot be installed successfully under Vista but everything I've read (including a response on this forum from Grainge) indicates the 6.0-generated .chm (from say, XP) works...However, when viewing a RH 6.0-generated .chm (local not on server) under Vista, I receive the following error in the topic pane: "The address is not valid." Viewing the same file under XP works fine. The TOC pane resolves but is, of course, useless.

Anyone else experiencing problems viewing RH 6.0-generated .chm files under Vista?

Thx for any insight.

-robin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Aug 17, 2007 Aug 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

For what it's worth, Robin sent me a small .CHM that did not work on Vista. It worked fine on my Vista, which seems to point to a Vista configuration issue on Robin's end.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2007 Oct 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robin and Rick,

I have a chm file that I have generated in XP (about 35 MB in size). In Vista I can open the file successfully by opening it like any normal application (double-clicking icon, right-click and choosing Open etc). However when running one of my applications in Vista and pressing F1 or selecting the context-sensitive help in other ways, I get the error message:

Context-sensitive help not installed.

And the chm file fails to open. This process does work in XP so I am thinking it is something to do with vista. Is this a known issue/bug, or could it be my vista configuration? Can anyone suggest a solution please?

Thanks in advance,
darkagn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2007 Oct 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi darkagn. This does sound like some sort of Vista set-up issue. I haven't gone anywhere near Vista yet so can't really give many pointers. Is there some component of Vista for CSH that needs installing? Try searching the Microsoft Support site for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2007 Oct 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi all,

Just thought I'd let everyone know that the errors I was experiencing above were actually caused by the way our Delphi code was calling the context sensitive help.

Thanks for the input though Colum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp