• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tracking usage by user

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2007 Oct 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am evaluting RoboHelp 6 and RoboHelp 6 Server for work. Is there a way to track usage by user by requiring users to log into the help file? Our software is access via remote desktop on server 2003. Each client has an AD server log-on so it would be easier for us if we could just track using the AD login name, but I assume that our situation is unique enough that this is not possible. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2007 Oct 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi iakovosjam and welcome to the RH community.
If using RH6 there is no way for you to record this information. RH6 Server does have a series of reports on the topics users visit most, what they search for and don't find, etc. However it does not sort this by particular users and to my knowledge can't.
I've never heard of users having to logon to a help file. To be honest as a user I probably wouldn't use the help if I had to do that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I've seen the reports that RH6 Server has and we are wanting to capture a bit more information than that. I do see in the access database that there is a table called TUser that has a field called userlogin, so there must be a way to make users login. I know that would be a pain for the user, but perhaps there is a way to pass in the logon information programatically when our users click the help button in our software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this could only work by writing a custom report on the database data. Even if your developers could silently enter a users logon I don't think RH Server would be able to pick up this info as the reports are all standard. I have to say that I'm not a RH Server expert. You may want to go over to the RH Server forum and ask there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see a RoboHelp Server forum. Is it contain under some other forum? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It was lurking in the shadows under the name RoboEngine forum RoboEngine was the name of RoboHelp Server in a former life but Adobe never got around to changing the title. As an aside, there are as many RoboHelp Server users there so a response may take a little longer than here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp