Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ORM CFC Generator error

Engaged ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm trying to get Coldfusion Builder's ORM CFC Generator to build my cfcs but when I click the Generate button after setting my table relationships I get the following error:

Error : Event handler exception.. coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage$ParameterNotFoundException: The required parameter SESSION.ORMTABLES was not provided.

I have an Application.cfc with sessionManagement=true, name is set, ormenabled is true and ormsettings specs a database.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Rich

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using the CFC ORM Generator in another site, with another database and I'm still getting the same error.

Thanks,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension and that didn't help....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and this is why I'm leaving Coldfusion development:

Vaibhav: Hello! Welcome to Adobe.

Vaibhav: I have received your query. Please allow me a moment to verify your account and to review the details of your request.

Rich Leach: sure sounds good.

Vaibhav: Let me connect you to our Cold Fusion team.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the appropriate group.

You are now chatting with 'Sandip'

Rich Leach: hi Sandip

Sandip: Is there anything else I may assist you with today?

Sandip: I am sorry

Sandip: Hi Rich.

Sandip: How are you doing?

Rich Leach: a little frustrated with this CF Builder 3 not working....

Sandip: Okay.

Sandip:

Sandip: Rich, could you please explain me the issue a bit more?

Rich Leach: what would you like to know?

Rich Leach: When I'm working in CFBuilder 3....

Rich Leach: I open the RDS dataview

Rich Leach: drill down into a database, then a table....

Rich Leach: and right click on a table I can select Create ORM CFC from the Adobe CFC Generator option.

Sandip: Please allow me a  moment.

Rich Leach: I see my tables in the utility and when I click the Generate button I get the error message:

Rich Leach: Error : Event handler exception.. coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage$ParameterNotFoundException: The required parameter SESSION.ORMTABLES was not provided.

Sandip: Rich, do you have a support contract with Adobe?

Rich Leach: No, I just purchased CFBuilder 3 a few weeks ago

Sandip: Rich, we would need a support contract for this issue.

Rich Leach: Why? The product is not working as you advertised it to

Sandip: That is because it is not an installation or a migration issue.

Rich Leach: But the application is throwing a low level server error, how can I be expected to fix it on my own without your help?

Sandip: We are here to assist you but for that we would need a support contract.

Rich Leach: I would like a refund please. How do I go about getting a refund?

Rich Leach: I'm just curious. CFBuilder 3 cost me about $300. How much would you charge me for a support contract?

Sandip: Rich, this is not an installation, migration or connector issue and support on this issues are free of cost but for ORM issue we would need a support contract.

Sandip: You can go for a single incident contract which be around $249 + tax which would be on a best support basis.

Rich Leach: The product only cost $299. Are you seeing the problem here? And you do understand I'm not asking for Coldfusion support, I'm asking for support with Coldfusion Builder 3. Do you understand?

Sandip: Yes, I do understand but this is the only way to go forward. I am sorry.

Rich Leach: I'm sorry too. Thanks for your help.

Sandip: Is there anything else I may assist you with today?

Rich Leach: How about that refund? How do I get a refund?

Your chat transcript will be sent to RICH@nnn.COM at the end of your chat.

Sandip: Could you please let me know the order id?

Rich Leach: I'll have to look it up, give me a second....

Sandip: Sure.

Rich Leach: My order id is AD0nnnn

Sandip: Please allow me a moment to check.

Sandip: Rich I see that you have bought the product on 07/08/2014, am I right/

Rich Leach: Yes, for $109 (I forgot I got the upgrade). I can't justify paying over twice as much for a support contract

Sandip: Rich, refund for an order can only be processed within 30 days of purchase.

Rich Leach: ok thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rich,

Please contact at  cfinstal<at>adobe.com  for this error, you would get assistance there without support contract.

Regards,

Kaif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

richardELeach wrote:

I have an Application.cfc with sessionManagement=true, name is set, ormenabled is true and ormsettings specs a database.

You seem to have a persistent custom Application.cfc in the directory where you wish to generate the CFCs. Could that be what complicates the matter?

When you click the Generate button, ColdFusion should, by default, generate a new Application.cfc. This new file, which has no setting for sessionManagement, should automatically overwrite the existing Application.cfc.

This suggests the following test. What if you temporarily rename the existing application file to _Application.cfc before pressing the Generate button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... it still generates the same error. I renamed Application.cfc to _Application.cfc and ran the CFC Generator.  I even tried restarting the CF server and it still generated the same error.

I double checked the CF Servers panel and it reports that my server is running, and the Console reports "Server is available". There are no problems in the Problems panel.

Thanks,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting your findings back to the forum. Is there any stack trace for the error in the ColdFusion logs? What is your ColdFusion Builder version and build number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Coldfusion Bolt log file reports:

Feb 8, 2015  2:02 PM  Error  http-bio-8500-exec-6  SAMPLE CFC GENERATOR 

coldfusion.runtime.EventHandlerException: Event handler exception.

Thanks,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. And your ColdFusion Builder version and build number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry, I forgot these:

Welcome to Adobe® ColdFusion® Builder™ 3

Version: 3.0.0

Build: 292922

Thanks,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rich. For comparison, I am unable to reproduce the error (that is, I successfully generate ORM CFCs) with the system below:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

ColdFusion Builder

Version: 3.0.0

Build: 289998

Database: MySQL 5.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, I'm hoping Adobe can help me with this.

My system specs:

Mac OSX 10.10.2

Server ProductColdFusion
Version11,0,03,292480
EditionDeveloper 
Operating SystemMac OS X 
OS Version10.10.2 
Update Level/Applications/ColdFusion11/stockPicks/lib/updates/chf11000003.jar 
Adobe Driver Version5.1.3 (Build 000094) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

richardELeach wrote:

Error : Event handler exception.. coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage$ParameterNotFoundException: The required parameter SESSION.ORMTABLES was not provided.

A remark about the parameter SESSION.ORMTABLES. I unpacked the system file {CF_Builder3_HOME}\extensions\Adobe CFC Generator.zip and opened the file {CF_Builder3_HOME}\extensions\Adobe CFC Generator\handlers\ormCodeGenHandler.cfm in a text editor. It begins with the lines,

<cfparam name="form.data" >

<cfparam name="Session.ormTables">

<cfset sessionTables = Session.ormTables>

<cfset oldOrmSessionTables = sessionTables>

I wonder whether that is where your system crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a link to the official Adobe Coldfusion Builder 3 docs? I can't seem to find version 3 docs, only 2 and 2.1....

Thanks,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The documentation is within ColdFusion Builder itself. Navigate to the menu Help => Help Contents => ColdFusion Builder Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 13, 2015 Feb 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like some of these docs are not yet updated to cover CFBuilder 3....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for info about the bug report. I have placed a vote for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

richardELeach wrote:

It looks like some of these docs are not yet updated to cover CFBuilder 3....

Which docs in particular?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... specifically the docs about using the ORM CFC Generator; they're still referencing CFB version 2.0 and 2.1 only, no mention of version 3 in that section. And thanks for voting for the bug report!

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see what you mean. It is unfortunate that version numbers are hard-coded into documentation that transcends many versions. Naturally, most of the documentation for versions 2.x also applies to versions 3.x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rich,

You should file a bug report for the Event Handler Exception. Include in it your system specifications as above, the error messages you receive when you attempt to generate a CFC and, optionally, the URL of this page. There might be a bug when the CFC Generator runs on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug has been submitted:  Coldfusion Builder 3.0 Bug 3939862

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem with Element ORMTABLES​ when select generate ORM CFC , CF Builder 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation