• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Creative Cloud to display Captivate Projects

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2015 Feb 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone use Creative Cloud to display Captivate projects. I still have not figured out how to display projects on a personal site so I was considering using Creative Cloud.

Any thoughts?

-Tom

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2015 Feb 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you should need in order to display projects is a web hosting service and knowledge of how to upload your content to your web host.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the problem. I have a host but I haven't been able to figure out the part about uploading my content. I use Siteground, which I've heard good things about but every time I ask a question about the uploading process they don't seem to ever answer the actual question.

Can anyone offer a web hosting site with customer service that is more willing to answer basic questions of a beginner? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you sign up with a web hosting service, typically they send out an email message welcoming you and it normally (or often) contains links that might point to tutorials that help you get started with the process. Of course, there is no way for me to know how long you have been renting space from your web host. But you might want to look at your email messages to see if you can find such a message.

So the question here for me to ask is if you have any idea of how you log onto your hosting space? If so, you have crossed a large hurdle. If you can log on, often you will find links pointing to tutorials and other help from the page you see once you log on.

Many hosts use something called CPanel. Basically it's just a front end page that has icons that allow you to manipulate things in your space.

You should also have access to upload content using something called File Transfer Protocol (FTP). Assuming you can gain access to that, you should consider downloading and installing a file uploading tool called FileZilla. ( FileZilla - The free FTP solution ) FileZilla would make it simple to connect and upload your content.

Hopefully this was helpful to you... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. I do use a hosting service - Siteground. I started with Wordpress and there is no plugin that worked for me to load Captivate projects. There is one available but it didn't work on my end. I did download FileZilla but I wasn't sure how to upload files and make it work with Wordpress so I decided to get rid of Wordpress and try to build a basic site that I can just load Captivate projects to.

I'm using Dreamweaver right now and it seems pretty straight-forward. Yesterday I build a basic site using the Adobe tutorials and tried to upload the site to Siteground and it didn't work so I'm in the process of learning how all of that works. I need to learn how to create files for a site, transfer them to my host and get a workable site up and running.

When I open the files on Siteground using Dreamweaver or Filezilla it's a little confusing trying to figure out what everything is. I guess it seems easy to someone who is familiar with all this but it's been pretty confusing for me so far.

Thanks again for the reply.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Trust me, I know how daunting it can be!

I'd be happy to try and help you sort it if you want.

I'm tied up until later this afternoon, but if this sounds remotely appealing to you, shoot me a private message to rickstone1975 (at) gmail (dot) com.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC lets you store files (I'm using it for that) but I don't know if it can act as a web server. I didn't try Behance, but have the same doubts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources